where do you get most of your news

All over the place. I prefer dry news... Just the facts. I can make my own opinion. I don't have cable do I don't watch news Network television at all. I'm pretty good at bias detection so I always keep that in mind in anything I watch, read, or hear.

NY Times
Wapo
Daily Mail
NY Daily News
BBC
NPR
The Guardian
Mother Jones
ABC
CT Mirror
My local paper online

I search around the internet regularly each morning to get a good read on things close and far. Anything from Facebook or Talk Radio is likely false.

I like my local news channel, 6ABC WPVI. It's a Philly channel and since I'm right over the bridge from there I watch that for stuff that happens locally and the weather. For national news, I read various news sites.

NY Times, Washington Post, NPR, BBC World Service, local newspapers, Buzzfeed (most is crap but occasionally they have some good investigative pieces, Texas Monthly, Wired, Vox, Atlantic Monthly, news aggregate phone app (Flipboard) The Guardian, Slate

Most of my news? I'm drowning in news. I go through 30 local digital newspapers a day at work. I get a couple hundred e-mails a day, many of them official press releases from Police, Fire, Government Agencies and Businesses, I follow 194 official Twitter pages, and check a whole bunch of official Facebook pages. . Funny thing is, I rarely "see" the newscasts I am working on, I'm too busy working.

That sounds like when I was a librarian. I spent a lot of time reading about books and book reviews as well as ordering books and maintaining the collection. I rarely had time though to read the books I ordered. In fact, when I went home from work I was so tired of the written word I rarely read anything which surprised my husband. I didn't start reading for pleasure again until weeks after I quit my last librarian job.

Local news, TV and radio (WGN). National, international, TV (CNN). Two daily papers, one weekly paper. Internet (Google news feeds)

I watch the Today Show each morning as I'm getting ready for work but one of my favorite things to do is to toggle back and forth between CNN and FoxNews to see how they cover the same stories or what one considers newsworthy. They are usually wildly different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter