Where did you use your points the very first time, and why?

We purchased AKL Kidani in 2012, and our first stay was a 1BR pool view at Aulani. The reason was that we got free points for the first year,and, well, it's Aulani. We have stayed at AKL twice, and like to try different resorts.

Our first stay was at our home resort BLT. We are couple and always stay in a studio except when we bring guests.

Before joining DVC where did you stay at WDW? If it was a moderate the room size isn't that much different than the studio at BLT. Some guests will place the pack 'n play in the kitchenette and others will use the space next to the connecting door.

We will be planning our first stay as BLT owners over presidents week 2018. We want to save some points for another trip over thanksgiving, so we're looking at a studio if we stay at BLT. But I've heard the BLT studios are really small, and we will have a 6 year old and a 2 year old. DH wants our "first" owners' stay to be at our home resort, though I'm wondering about the size of the studios. Wondering what other people did, and why?
We stayed in a BLT studio with a 9 & 6 year old and were fine. All of the studios are small, but we are not in our room much so it works. We loved being able to walk to MK.

We joined in 2013, after our first visit as guests of our (DVC member) DS & DDIL. After much consideration, we bought 200 pts at BLT. Having just stayed there with the kids, it did not even occur to me to stay anywhere else when we booked our first stay - Dec 2013. Proximity to the MK, transportation options like monorail, bus, and boat and even the contemporary theming all appealed to us. So much so that, after our 3rd trip , we added a 50 pt contract (200 was enough for 2 weeks in a SV during Adventure Season, but seemed rarely available). Subsequent trips, for F & G and MNSSHP, in 2014, saw us returning to BLT. It wasn't until we planning a cruise to celebrate our 30th anniversary, booked in Jan 2015, that we entertained the idea of staying somewhere else. We planned a 5 night stay at BWV, 7 night cruise, 5 night stay at OKW. I must say, the other resorts were nice but did not appeal to me as much as BLT, but that is just my opinion, your experiences may vary.

When we bought into AKV and received our points, we already had a reservation for All-Start Sports and were on vacation halfway through the stay. We cancelled the remaining days and were able to get BLT the last two days. They put us on the 16th floor so walking to the TOWL was great.

Our first stay was at our home resort BLT. We are couple and always stay in a studio except when we bring guests.

Before joining DVC where did you stay at WDW? If it was a moderate the room size isn't that much different than the studio at BLT. Some guests will place the pack 'n play in the kitchenette and others will use the space next to the connecting door.
Yeah we've been spoiled staying deluxe and renting points, and it hadn't occurred to me that the girls can't quite share a bed yet. I'm sure it will be fine once our toddler can sleep in a real bed. Thanks for the ideas on the pack and play location!

We bought SSR resale in late 2012, haven't stayed there but that looks like it may change in OCT as we have a split stay set up with SSR for 2 then BCV for 2... Anyhow I think first trip must have been at BCV in August of 2013. Wife and I did FW a w/o the kids a few months later. We did rent before, caught the disease and bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter