Where did you stay before you bought DVC?

Our sig says it all. Mostly Mod resorts, DL was our fav. Always on site. Stayed away from Allstars because we often go over college spring break (hubby teaches) and feel it would be full of students and crazy kids. We stayed at Y&B once, in Feb when I was 8 months pregnant. I didn't think we would get to stay there again, until we joined DVC and now we will be there in 6 days!!!!! We also got a great deal with a code and stayed at Poly for 196 a night.

Now with DVC we have 40 years ahead of us with a Deluxe I never thought we would be able to afford.

We always stayed at the YC before joining & stayed at ASMu once, because DD's Marching Band was staying there before they played in Spectromagic. ASMu was a HUGE letdown when you're used to YC (plus, DH, DS & I got stuck w/a HC room; good thing DS was only 3 at the time; the king bed made do for the tree of us)!!! We toured @ BW on Mother's Day during the ASMu trip & completed WLV purchase when we got home(and did a BCV add-on). There's no looking back now!!!

1995 - Dixie Landings
1996 - Dixie Landings
1998 - Port Orleans

Loved both of the above moderates, but went to the Winnie The Pooh Breakfast at Old Key West on our second trip, checked out the DVC info and decided we couldn't afford it then. Checked it out again online in January of 2000, bought at BWV sight unseen, and went "home" for the first time in April of 2000 to Old Key West. So, far we have stayed at OKW twice, VB twice (added on there) and have a trip planned next month to BCV and a trip planned in July to HH. Have not stayed at our home resort yet!!

We did not come to WDW. We had no kids and flew to Puerto Rico. After we had kids we though PR would not be an annual option.

Lucky for me my brother owmed DVC, so we would stay at OKW. After staying w/him a few times and going on a few time-share tours(Marriott, Sunterra, Sheraton Vistana) we knew we had to buy DVC.

We are so happy we did, althugh I would like to go back to PR again! I will have to look into World Passport option.

Our first few trips we stayed at Fort Wilderness Trailers(before cabin days), we have also stayed at All Star Music, and All Star Sports. Have also stayed off site a couple of times(traveling with others), but we prefer staying on site.

We've stayed just about everywhere onsite. We honeymooned at the Grand Floridian in '90 and stayed at All Stars Movies in Jan. of 2000 when we bought into DVC. In between we did Yacht Club, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, Carribean Beach, and Poly. Since joining we have also stayed at Villas of Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk (our home), Coronado Springs and have a trip planned for the end of the year at Contemporary. I love DVC but that doesn't mean we won't try other things as well.

Well, considering we just put our deposit down today... I don't know if we are officially DVC but I'll post a reply anyway!;)

ASMu once, POFQ twice, CSR once (never again!), then we did the Hard Rock a couple of years ago (definitely one of the coolest hotels ever!!).

:cool:

loveswdw

Twice off site. Then we moved up to the All-Stars... Music 4 times and Movies 1. Thank God for DVC our prepaid hotel room for the next 39 years!!!

Enjoy,
Lisa

Originally posted by anniet

So where did you stay before you purchased....WDW Resorts or offsite?
Always onsite: 5 times at CBR(our favorite until we joined DVC), 1 time each at PO, AS Sports, AS Music, CSR and twice at DL/PO-R

We always stayed at Dixie landings, until one time we were upgraded to the Beach Club because I complained about the pool being closed! Stayed at the Beach Club every year until the 25th anniversary when we stayed twice, at that time we took the DVC tour and bought on the spot. Best money ever spent

Bob

I guess we're the odd ones. We'd NEVER stayed onsite in several visits. When it was just me and DS it was Ramada,Best Western (never again!), Days Inn, , whatever was inexpensive. As my income increased, quality increased with succeeding stays. After I married DH, we stayed at Hilton, Days Inn Suites, Embassy Suites (no HIFS then and we wanted the separate bedroom) or 2 rooms somewhere I don't even remember.

When Boardwalk first opened we went over there to walk the Boardwalk and see what was going on. When we saw the Boardwalk hotel, DS asked if we could stay there "just once". I think he was 14 and we took 2 years to save up once I found out what rooms were going for. (sillyme, we payed rack rate - didn't know about these boards). The rest is history. All it took was walking into a 1 bedroom - we were ruined. We took the tour, did some research, ran the numbers, and have been happy members at BWV ever since.

We worked our way up from off-site roach motels to All Stars, to moderate, then a deluxe. We love Disney (DH refuses to go anywhere else...well, maybe somewhere else in FL, but that's it).

We toured all the monorail resorts and the boardwalk resorts on our last visit and decided DVC was the way to go.

We stayed off-site twice(Enclave and Vistana) before deciding to stay on site at BWV on cash in 2002. But before we made ressies I discovered the DISBOARDS and DVC and decided to put the $1100 towards DVC that we were going to use for cash ressie. Already have our 3rd trip booked. :wave: :crazy: :teeth:

In 1994 we stayed at the ALstar sports. We went home and all we did was talk about how much fun we had. While digging through the WDW stuff came across the DVC paper work, called recieved the video and the rest is history.

We stayed at CBR, and DW and I have both had opportunities to attend business conventions at the Dolphin.

On one trip, our taxi driver pointed out some nice buildings and said these were vacation homes that were owned by some lucky people. DW and I looked at each other, and smiled.

Our next trip was to BWV, and the rest is history.

WL Campgrounds.. then a LOOOONg break.. DS was born, (disabled, but that's another story!) and we didn't go anywhere for quite some time.

Finally everything settled down and two kids later we called a travel agent and said we needed a place with a kitchen.. took a friend to balance adult / child ratio and suddenly we were in an OKW 2-BR...

We knew WDW was perfect for our family after that.. when i booked similar digs at Disney Institute I realized we couldn't keep paying that much money!!! There was no choice .. a no-brainer...

Joined, and LOVE IT!

Sue

(32 days .... OKW)

We visited WDW for the first time staying with a DVC friend at OKW. We bought into DVC right after returning home from the trip.

We pretty much stayed at one of the monorail resorts. Being a family of 5 at the time, it was our only choice. When the boys were older, and didn't accompany us we stayed at WL and AKL.

Before we bought into the DVC we stayed at primarily at the Villas at Disney Village, or whatever they were calling it that year.. We stayed in both the Townhouses as well as the Treehouses. Prior to that we stayed at the The Golf Resort. On my honeymoon, the year before our DVC membership we stayed at the Polynesian. Have always wanted to go back there, but when you look at the points for a room at the Polynesian and a Villa at OKW, we just can't justify giving up all that space.. :) I have stayed at the Dolphin twice since we joined, but that was when my company sent me to conferences, so it was on their dime. Of course I had to extend my time and stay at OKW for a couple days after the conferences were over.. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter