WHERE DID MY ROOM GO????

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by babyruth, Feb 11, 2017.

1. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

Had you already paid for the room? Was there an issue w/ that, or if room only an issue w/ the deposit? Those are the only things I can think of that might led to an auto cancel absent an IT glitch. Did they apply those already paid funds to the 'new' replacement booking or are they refunding & you had to make a new deposit/payment?

bumbershoot likes this.
  2. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Not sure they could use the same number if it was truly cancelled.

But it sounds like it's been taken care of.

Figmentmommy and buzznina like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. tobin04

tobin04 Mouseketeer

Did you place your deposit when you booked? When they say you were auto cancelled, it makes it sound like you didn't pay in time?

5. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

Well...were you able to get the fp's you wanted?

6. babyruth

babyruth for the first time in forever

Just an update/answer to a couple of questions.

No I did not get the ideal FPs I wanted. We are going over Easter so....

Yes, I placed my deposit when I booked using the same credit card that is linked in my profile for my dining reservations. I think I may have mentioned that already. The room was paid for and I got the confirmation in my email.

The charge did not double on my card when they rebooked me, and there is STILL NO EXPLANATION of what happened. It was in the pending queue on my card, and posted for the correct amount the next business day which was Monday.

Guest services called me back yesterday and I just got off the phone with the castmember. All she could offer was in her words "Speculation that it was a computer error" not even an apology, and said she didn't think it would happen again. She wasn't rude, but she wasn't concerned or what I would say friendly or even understanding about why someone would be upset their room "auto-cancelled" without notification. I had to talk to her while I was at work which I don't like doing but this had gone on too long.

I now PERSONALLY cancelled the room. That's the end of that. I would never tolerate this with any other hotel and believe me I was MUCH NICER to these castmembers than I would have been had this been a marriot or hilton or something that canceled my reservation without telling me, for no reason. I have seen lots of stories about bad customer experience and how Disney doesn't really value their guests but this is the first time I experienced it!

7. Lynzer4

Lynzer4 Mouseketeer

For anyone that calls or submits a complainant to Guest Services know what you want for the issues. Often times guest services isn't going to offer up anything.

You need to be proactive and state what you feel is equal to the trouble you had to go through. In this case... I would like 3 anytime fast passes for everyone in my party for the length of stay. Usually once you state what you feel is "payment" for your trouble Disney will the offer what they feel is a fair trade or say okay to your request.

Just a heads up to anyone dealing with a situation like this... This is something a CM told me!!!

alex9179 likes this.