WHERE DID MY ROOM GO????

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by babyruth, Feb 11, 2017.

1. babyruth

babyruth for the first time in forever

all of a sudden today, which was my 60 day FP+ day, my room is GONE from MDE. I booked it last week with the Fun and Sun offer. ALLLLLLL last night I spent dropping ADRs we didn't need as I finalized plans and I added a few more based on staying onsite. ALLLLLL last night my room was there. I sat and planned out which FP+ I was going to try for today, added things to the itinerary. The room showed in the itinerary all last night up until 1130pm Eastern when I finally went to bed. When I logged into the app this morning the room is just poof! So I came to my laptop and again the room isn't there. It is now all of a sudden in "my cart"!!!!! So I don't know what to do. I have the confirmation email... I double checked that there is no cancellation email (I would have been really crazy to cancel that by accident) what happened? If I resubmit am I double booking?????

2. babyruth

ignore my ticker says 2 months 2 days, we added days at the beginning of the trip.

trishadono likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. babyruth

anybody? if I submit the cart (which is the same room I already booked) I'm getting a warning that it will remove dining...does that mean ADRs or only if I had a dining plan attached?

5. elaine amj

elaine amj DIS Veteran

Call Disney?

LilyWDW, MDIME and bumbershoot like this.
  6. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

You have to give people an opportunity to see your post and respond.

ADR's are completely separate from room reservations, other than being able to make them at 180+length of stay. You won't lose ADR's by cancelling a room.

I would call Disney and find out what's going on. What is your arrival date for your onsite stay?

7. lullwater

lullwater Mouseketeer

I’ve had a problem where I added days to the start and it showed up on my MDE; however, upon check-in there was no room reservation for the first two days. It was sorted out with a telephone call made by a cast member at the front desk who called a supervisor.

8. ncc1701

ncc1701 Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Call Disney to make sure it is just an issue with MDE and your reservation is ok.

bumbershoot likes this.
  9. babyruth

I'm trying to call. the wait time is 20 minutes!!!!!!!

10. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

I know that it's frustrating but, calm down. You'll get it sorted out even though your FP situation isn't ideal. Disney's site works better after you clear your cookies. I do that on a regular basis.

Dining is separate from room reservations, so that isn't an issue. In fact, I made most of my ADRs before I had a room booked.

11. babyruth

after 3 days snow bound at home with a toddler I may be a bit dramatic today LOL

but I will be kinda mad if I missed the FPs I wanted because of this.

12. CookieandOatmeal

CookieandOatmeal DIS Veteran

This may sound like a crazy question but did you try to put in your hotel confirmation number into your MDE to link it again?

13. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

After getting the room reservations sorted out, contact Guest Services if your FP choices are unacceptable to you. They may be able to offer something to take the sting out of it.

14. babyruth

no I didn't, I thought that was only for third party reservations? either way I've already talked to two people who have no idea what happened and I'm on hold again. They say the room "auto-cancelled" but can't see why or when! They also said that email notification was turned off and so I didn't get a notice when the reservation cancelled. All I can do is rebook the room.

15. Ensusieasm

Ensusieasm DIS Veteran

Many many times lots of things don't show up in my MDE, when , in fact, they are all still really there. They will show up sometimes, and not others. room reservations, fast passes, dining reservations. It can be anything. It's a major glitch that used to send me into a panic. Were you shut out from making fast passes? Did you try?

16. babyruth

yes I was trying to make FP that is how I found out. My window wasn't open.

This is the first time I have had to call Disney for anything. I guess some consider that lucky, but the experience was less than magical. Absolutely no answers, just a rebook of the room over the phone for the same rate I already had. Not even an apology. The castmember was friendly enough, I was just expecting some kind of concern. I have to go back in and redo my DME and MagicBands. I am ALMOST regretting adding an onsite stay. I just spent a couple hours of my Saturday morning on this after all the time I have already spent planning.

17. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

The reservation CMs don't have the power to make it up to you. Definitely contact guest services outlining your complaint.

babyruth likes this.
  18. Ensusieasm

Ensusieasm DIS Veteran

Ouch! I'm so sorry. I hope you can still get the fast passes you want. Good luck.

19. CookieandOatmeal

CookieandOatmeal DIS Veteran

I was talking about the resort reservation confirmation number that you get when you book. If you book direct, it usually auto links but you can manually do it too. Figure it doesn't hurt to try it.

If it auto cancelled, they should do their best to help you seeing how you didn't cancel it. Sorry this happened to you. Best of luck!

20. babyruth

can I do that in an email?? after 2 hours of this I am out of phone time this morning. Maybe if I play hooky from watching my son's basketball game I can send them a note.

I am rebooked, with the exact same confirmation number I had before. I guess he tried....he kept putting me on hold saying he was trying to figure out what happened and he said he contacted guest services to see if they had further info....

21. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

Yes, you can email. You'll get an automated response first, then a phone call within about 2 weeks.