Where can we buy decent bagels?

nanannjen

Earning My Ears
Are there any bagel places around? We are staying in Davenport, but are willing to drive a little! I found an Einsteins on Sand Lake - is there anyplace closer? We're just not fans of Lender's from the grocery store!

Panera has WONDERFUL bagels & lots to choose from
www.panera.com for locations

I think the bagels at dunkin donuts arent too bad either, always fresh.
for extremely convenient, try the publix bakery, definately not the best, but will do in a pinch & better than lenders.

just remembered. there is a manhattan bagel just outside downtown disney about a block or 2 down from crossroads shopping center in another shopping center with steak & shake, a chinese buffet & a drugstore
12185 S. Apopka Vineland Rd. (Hwy 535) - Orlando, FL 32836 US

nanannjen said:
Are there any bagel places around? We are staying in Davenport, but are willing to drive a little! I found an Einsteins on Sand Lake - is there anyplace closer? We're just not fans of Lender's from the grocery store!

Brooklyn, NY is home to the best bagels with the other boroughs and parts of central NJ also being home to excellence in bagel artistry.

In Florida...there is NO SUCH THING AS A DECENT BAGEL. :sad2: Actually, there used to be a Manhattan Bagel shop in Altamonte Springs that made the closest to real bagels that I've had down here but apparently they've closed.

There is a Manhattan Bagel on Apopka-Vineland by the LBV Post Office but their bagels aren't great and their customer service stinks. However, this would probably be the closest bagel shop to WDW. Just remember to bring cash b/c they do not accept credit or debit cards. Oh, and if you want to buy more than 6 of any variety of bagel, you must pre-order 24 hours in advance. How ridiculous is that??!? :confused3

Panera makes a bread item that is shaped like a bagel but compared to real bagels they don't stand a chance. They're not bad per se, they're just not bagels to me. I've had Einstein Bagels and they were just weird. :crazy:

Thanks, all! I am not familiar with Manhattan Bagels, but we will check it out. We're from California, so "real" NY bagels are somewhat foreign to us. We're pretty happy with Einsteins and the like! Glad to know about Panera - I haven't tried their bagels, but we LOVE their sandwiches and soups!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter