Where can I take a beginning sewing class?

Bbgrizzle

<font color=green>Tangled with the TF & survived <
I have a brand new sewing maching because I want to learn to sew. I have no idea how to even thread the machine, let alone sew something! I know that Bernina offers one free class to those who buy their sewing machines, but I bought it in Idaho, and have no plans to drive 14 hours just to take a class. Does anyone know if any fabric stores offer beginning sewing classes?

Thanks,
Bonnie

Yes, I was going to say JoAnn's or Hancock fabric. Are there any other large fabric stores near you?

Have fun!

Jeanne

Is there a local technical college that offers non-credit courses in sewing?

clh2 said:
Is there a local technical college that offers non-credit courses in sewing?
Or local community colleges also offer "life enrichment" courses sometimes.

I have previously went to the Joann website and was able to see what kinds of classes they had coming up at the local Joann store where I live. You still might be able to do that.

Call your local Bernina dealer, I'm sure they will still teach you how to use your machine, they might charge you, but the PFAFF store around here never does.

our local high school does night classes in september and then again in January....see if they offer any there too......usually they ask for you to take one easy pattern to do and get your material and then they go from there......GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the helpful ideas! I'll check them all out till I find something that works! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!