Where are all the crowds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the crowds you ask? They are at Cedar Point. Most of the major coasters had 2 hour waits today.

Where are the crowds? I have to agree with what several have said already in that many have cancelled this year and rebooked for next year in 2022. I originally booked a 7 night Disney cruise along with a week in WDW for February 20th-28th. I'm still not comfortable with cruising, so I cancelled the cruise but have kept our plans for WDW and added an additional night making it 8 nights. What I am finding shocking is the crowd expectations I just discovered on Touring Plans that they are predicting; 10's & 9's for crowd levels. WOW. I get the 21st is Presidents Day and the weekend is the Princess Half Marathon, but holy bat smokes. 😵
'
touring plans will adjust their crowd levels as you get closer to Feb. I just received my october readjustment alert from them to 1's from 5's/6's

It was more crowded with the long weekend. We did not go on FOP yesterday as even TP had the wait as long. We didEverest twice, but used single rider.

We went MK for our last evening. It seemed like pre-pandemic levels to me - but since it was the evening, we were still able to ride Haunted (beat the rush after Fireworks), Big Thunder (20 min - posted 35), Pirates (walk on - posted 20) and Jungle Cruise (posted was 25, it was about that)

I’ll be back at the end of January, hoping for low crowds.

i know the weather is not op's topic but i'm coming in late october, i can expect sun and humidity? i thought it would be a bit cooler by then....

Just FYI - we did late October in 2017 and for a few days it was so cold we were all in pants and jackets, especially in the morning and at night.

We are AP holders... I wanted a one night stay but due to lack of housekeepers one nights are blocked out.
On the Disney hiring page they are offering $1000 bonus for housekeeping positions.

I flew home Saturday (thanks to Southwest for the cancellation and forcing the extra night at an airport hotel :mad:). It definitely seems to have picked up this weekend from everything I've seen. Late August and September were pretty quiet.

We are AP holders... I wanted a one night stay but due to lack of housekeepers one nights are blocked out.
On the Disney hiring page they are offering $1000 bonus for housekeeping positions.

Is it all nights or just on the weekend? Often the most popular nights come with a minimum stay length. That's always been typical in the hotel industry.

I flew home Saturday (thanks to Southwest for the cancellation and forcing the extra night at an airport hotel :mad:). It definitely seems to have picked up this weekend from everything I've seen. Late August and September were pretty quiet.

Is it all nights or just on the weekend? Often the most popular nights come with a minimum stay length. That's always been typical in the hotel industry.
It's all nights... they offered me AK lodge they told me it was open for one night stays.... I'm sure it is at $600 a night or whatever they quoted me.

This weekend is a school holiday weekend so I expected it to be busy but I have been watching it's not terrible.

It's all nights... they offered me AK lodge they told me it was open for one night stays.... I'm sure it is at $600 a night or whatever they quoted me.

This weekend is a school holiday weekend so I expected it to be busy but I have been watching it's not terrible.

Wow that's crazy. I checked and you're right, looks like a 2 night minimum no matter what. Hopefully that's just temporary because I'm sure locals especially often prefer 1 night stays. Look into renting DVC if you really just need a 1 night stay for the time being. (Although that's rarely useful for last minute, so who knows.)

I was wondering when that had started but that would explain it. I was able to book a single night at AKL about a month ago or so for last week.

Yes, I can read. I’m very interested in this thread but the mask-lovers seem to descend on so many posts and it really makes reading the boards less fun every day.
Yes they do. My gosh, i only check here every week or so and usually am overrun by mask lover comments. Why is that ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter