Which time would you choose to visit?

• Flower & Garden season

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • Halloween party season

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

cincystamper

DIS Veteran
We've been talking about a 2019 trip to WDW for quite some time now, always centered around going for the Flower & Garden season. (We've visited at Halloween, Christmas, and Food & Wine seasons before.)

In our most recent conversation, it was mentioned that maybe we should alter our plans to go for the Halloween season instead.

So I'm just taking a poll out of curiosity - based on weather, crowds, stuff to see & do...which time of year would YOU choose? (And yes, I know this is totally subjective so if you want to toss in your two cents for why you voted the way you did, that'd be awesome!)

And for those who want to know: party is two adults - me (42) & my mom (70), both kids at heart who love Halloween and love flowers...hence the dilemma! LOL

For me it would depend on how much those who are going love Star Wars, since it's scheduled to open in Fall 2019. I just went last spring (early March) and would go during that time frame in a hot minute. That being said, I've not yet experienced Food & Wine and love Star Wars so I personally would probably choose the later time frame.

Aw, crud...totally forgot about Star Wars!!! One of us (a-hem - ME) is a Star Wars nerd. The other one really enjoys Star Wars but doesn't nerd out about it nearly as much as me and my brother do. :-)

I voted for Flower and Garden because I have been to Disney during Halloween season several times, but I have never been during Flower and Garden. Since OP has been for Halloween/Food and Wine before, as I have, I think experiencing a new event would be fun.

Halloween time for sure! Halloween is one of our favorite Holidays.

As an adult, we really enjoy MNSSHP. We love all of the decorations at MK.

We also love F&W, we spend many evenings at EPCOT.

With the addition of the new Star Wars area, I would pick Fall for sure.

Over the last couple of years, I keep seeing more and more complaints about crowds in the fall. It doesn't appear to be nearly the slow season that it used to be.

Really, the only thing about the Halloween season that makes it different is the MNSSHP, and the decorations in MK. If you plan to attend MNSSHP, then the fall may be a good time, otherwise those parties really screw with the park schedules of MK. Non party days are busy, and party days close early.

Almost all of our trips have been late September/early October and we've had a great time, but crowds really were low back in those years. ...and we like the hot weather, and ability to swim in the pools later in the evening.

However, if I had a choice now I would go in the spring.

Dan

Actually I choose both, but if it could be only one, it would be Halloween season for the party and the autumn decorations.

If you can go during the early part of F&G, I would choose that- as crowds aren't bad during the first part of the festival. If you can't go early part of F&G, do Halloween- again, one of the earlier dates. The Star Wars opening factors in as well. It is 'scheduled' to be open by then, so if you are into SW might want to do the fall just for that.

I love the fall decorations, and MNSSHP... but I think I liked F&G more than F&W. Epcot is beautiful during F&G and there's still booths to sample foods, if that's your thing. Plus, it's earlier in the year so you get to go on vacation sooner :thumbsup2

Far as crowds are concerned, I like to visit during May after spring break and then again in October. The weather is great during those months and the crowds are very reasonable to deal with. If i had a choice, probably October for the Fall festivities. However that being said... I am headed down Saturday for a five days.. What can i say.. Its Christmas at Disney

We've been talking about a 2019 trip to WDW for quite some time now, always centered around going for the Flower & Garden season. (We've visited at Halloween, Christmas, and Food & Wine seasons before.)

In our most recent conversation, it was mentioned that maybe we should alter our plans to go for the Halloween season instead.

So I'm just taking a poll out of curiosity - based on weather, crowds, stuff to see & do...which time of year would YOU choose? (And yes, I know this is totally subjective so if you want to toss in your two cents for why you voted the way you did, that'd be awesome!)

And for those who want to know: party is two adults - me (42) & my mom (70), both kids at heart who love Halloween and love flowers...hence the dilemma! LOL
I don't recommend a trip during the Star Wars opening madness in fall 2019. Fall has become so crowded, even aside from that, that I'd recommend a late spring trip (mid-to-late April) instead of a Halloween trip, anyway, just to avoid the bigger crowds.

Flower & Garden is beautiful and if you've never seen it, you should go.

Going last week of Jan 2018 - anyone know how the crowds are at the end of January?

We almost always go mid to late August, due to a standing commitment I have the beginning of every August. It's either hot or really hot, but the heat doesn't bother us much. The southern kids are back in school and the camps are done for the season, so the crowds are a little lighter. Full disclosure, we have always brought the kids and I am absolutely against taking them out of school for vacation, so we are limited on the dates we can travel. Kids are getting older so we are looking forward to travelling during F&W, Halloween, etc.

I have gone the end of Oct/Nov the last 2 years. If you don't want to go to the parties, I would suggest you go between Halloween and Xmas party dates. I went to MK on a early EMH day, Wed after last MNSSP, and got 6 fast passes, one at a time after 3. I can't say it was slow, but definitely manageable. Epcot was busy with Food and Wine.

The weather was great. Xmas decorations went up the day after the last MNSSP party at MK. Resorts were slower on decorations.

We are looking at Spring 2019, Easter is Apr.21. Still deciding on travel dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter