When will we know opening day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Above post- are you saying you think it’ll open on move 30 or that’s when they’ll announce the opening for a later date?

Will the attraction and hotel open at the same time? Pretty excited for this.

The hotel is probably a year or two AFTER the park opens. They haven't even started pouring foundation for it yet.

Above post- are you saying you think it’ll open on move 30 or that’s when they’ll announce the opening for a later date?

I think PP was messing with you LOL. At this point EVERYTHING is just speculation, we may have a better idea of approximate time frame once DL opening is announced, but there's really no way to tell at this stage because even the order in which things were built was different for the two parks, so you can't compare the progress of one to the progress of the other.

I would think 60-90 days out from opening you would see the fast passes open up? Unless they aren't planning to open those FP windows.

I would think 60-90 days out from opening you would see the fast passes open up? Unless they aren't planning to open those FP windows.

They might not if they decide to do hard-ticket entry only in the beginning. But they'd still announce sometime in the summer (I am expecting it'll be July or early August) - either to allow time for FP to be booked, or to sell hard tickets.

Pandora and Toy Story Land opened up the Last Saturday of their month....November 30th will be opening day.....

11-2-2019 6 am ...:rolleyes:
that's only a guess based on nothing...but...it is the first week between the party's and I would think they would want MK open every night to help with the huge crowds.

also Jersey week.... I think...YEAH!

Last edited:
It's all speculation, but I would imagine, we will know by June. Unlike other lands/projects, WDW is building the exact stuff that it's building at DL. When the SWGE DL is ready to open, it should give SWGE WDW a pretty good idea how far from opening it is. They should be able to have an opening date by then. This should also help with major problems since they will have the land completed in DL as a model. Just speculation, of course.

Wow, that day would be crazy busy as it is the Saturday after Thanksgiving!

I wouldn't put much stock in any prediction right now. Five different people will give you five different authoritative-sounding dates with five different sets of logic used to come up with those dates. At the end of the day it's fun to predict, but we won't know until we know :)

I've heard a rumor AP holders wont be able to use their pass for the opening which is stupid...
There likely will be some blackouts but its is extremely unlikely all passes would be blacked out opening day.

It's all speculation, but I would imagine, we will know by June. Unlike other lands/projects, WDW is building the exact stuff that it's building at DL. When the SWGE DL is ready to open, it should give SWGE WDW a pretty good idea how far from opening it is. They should be able to have an opening date by then. This should also help with major problems since they will have the land completed in DL as a model. Just speculation, of course.
Construction in DL is a bit different from construction in WDW. DL doesn't have much in terms of weather delays. WDW has the possibility of hurricanes disrupting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!