• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will AP return?

Any updated rumors yet?? We've cancelled our December trip (and I'm still crying over it), but we are still hoping for our February vacation week trip. I have an AP but my hubby and kids do not, so I'm hoping the AP comes back, since we have trips planned in September, November and December of next year, too! And if the AP returns, we may sneak in a trip in May for my birthday.

I could have written this posts exactly myself. I have platinum AP, my husband and kids do not. Just cancelled our December trip because why waste money on tix that Disney won't guarantee will be applicable toward AP when it returns? We have big trips planned for June and the 50th in October, so this December trip was meant to be a "bonus" trip in our AP window. Sigh...

Please - up to you. But do NOT renew.
Instead? NEW AP, good to 2030 - if you can get one. The price differential is not worth the risk.

WE got lucky - bought two NEW GPs, prior to lockdown. We can reserve parks anytime we like. Already did this for 2021 - because we hold valid tickets. But we have about 10 years to REDEEM them.

Please - up to you. But do NOT renew.
Instead? NEW AP, good to 2030 - if you can get one. The price differential is not worth the risk.

WE got lucky - bought two NEW GPs, prior to lockdown. We can reserve parks anytime we like. Already did this for 2021 - because we hold valid tickets. But we have about 10 years to REDEEM them.
Not sure how you can make that blanket statement.

You always say that, and I’m happy that it worked for you.
But... for others that may not be the best deal, and a new pass may not be a available.

I just need to buy new APs. Does anyone have any idea when that might be available? Thanks.

Not sure how you can make that blanket statement.

You always say that, and I’m happy that it worked for you.
But... for others that may not be the best deal, and a new pass may not be a available.

I agree. I can tell you I will always keep a voucher in my account now...but renewing, given the amount I hope to travel makes more sense now for me,

The extension did help to cover a few more trips...assuming they happen...which was a nice thing to push off my renewal cost out into March 2021!

I agree. I can tell you I will always keep a voucher in my account now...but renewing, given the amount I hope to travel makes more sense now for me,

The extension did help to cover a few more trips...assuming they happen...which was a nice thing to push off my renewal cost out into March 2021!

I wish I had thought of the voucher. I'm beginning to think Disney won't sell APs again to those who cancelled for the next 2 years at least. It makes financial sense for them to hold off and force people to buy more expensive day passes. Also, with the pent up overseas demand due to COVID-19, they probably expect they can sell lots of rooms in 2022 and 2023 with expensive tickets to the foreign market. I don't live in Florida and the flights are expensive enough, if you couple this with limited ability to Park Hop, park reservation pass required, and no annual pass available to purchase, I am leaning heavily towards renting my points for the next 2 years ( if I can ) and just not going. Disney seems to really like the park pass reservation system and I have a horrible feeling they are going to keep it and make "limited" park hopping in the "afternoons only" a permanent feature. I hope I'm wrong, and they begin selling APs to DVC owners soon, but I'm not holding my breath..

I am guessing they will announce on January 4th that AP are now for sale and possibly include new restrictions and possibly a price increase.

This makes sense to me, and I hope so!

I held off buying another DVC contract, and my summer trip looks iffy if APs are not coming back.

I am guessing they will announce on January 4th that AP are now for sale and possibly include new restrictions and possibly a price increase.
I really hope you are correct about the January return, but wrong about the restrictions. 🤞🤞

I'm not looking forward to a price increase, but with Disney, I've learned to expect them. :(

At the condo meeting, they gave no update and pointed out that DVC doesn't call those shots.

My expectation would be that it won't be for a bit, though. While they have expanded capacity and are trying to bring back hopping, bringing new APs into system creates its own issues with park reservations and expectations. I think they are going to try to get the New Model Hopping(tm) working smoothly before starting to pull another capacity lever, like APs.

I wish I had thought of the voucher. I'm beginning to think Disney won't sell APs again to those who cancelled for the next 2 years at least. It makes financial sense for them to hold off and force people to buy more expensive day passes. Also, with the pent up overseas demand due to COVID-19, they probably expect they can sell lots of rooms in 2022 and 2023 with expensive tickets to the foreign market. I don't live in Florida and the flights are expensive enough, if you couple this with limited ability to Park Hop, park reservation pass required, and no annual pass available to purchase, I am leaning heavily towards renting my points for the next 2 years ( if I can ) and just not going. Disney seems to really like the park pass reservation system and I have a horrible feeling they are going to keep it and make "limited" park hopping in the "afternoons only" a permanent feature. I hope I'm wrong, and they begin selling APs to DVC owners soon, but I'm not holding my breath..

If you canceled an existing AP instead of taking the extension, or it expired during closure, you are eligible to get a new one,

They are selling to those select groups currently.

If you canceled an existing AP instead of taking the extension, or it expired during closure, you are eligible to get a new one,

They are selling to those select groups currently.
The level of regret I have over waiting to buy my husband and kids' APs is hiiiiigh.
I have one, and at this rate it will be endlessly extended (it was a Premier AP because before COVID the job I had was sending me out frequently to Irvine, CA, so I decided to get a Premier so I could visit Disneyland whenever I was out there), but my husband and kids are SOL because I opted to wait to buy their APs. :(

The level of regret I have over waiting to buy my husband and kids' APs is hiiiiigh.
I have one, and at this rate it will be endlessly extended (it was a Premier AP because before COVID the job I had was sending me out frequently to Irvine, CA, so I decided to get a Premier so I could visit Disneyland whenever I was out there), but my husband and kids are SOL because I opted to wait to buy their APs. :(

I'm in the same way. We bought 9 day tickets planning to bridge them to a Gold pass which would have saved us about $100 or so. Now we have expiring (but extended) tickets, can't bridge them right now, and the price of the AP has gone up anyway. Hindsight...

I can't remember if you have tried already - but if you have a trip planned, could you call the AP line and tell them your story? Things may have calmed down a bit so they may be able to address your situation? Good luck!

Where were people going for cast members to put a note on their account to credit tickets towards AP's? I know it's not official but I'd like to try if I could

Where were people going for cast members to put a note on their account to credit tickets towards AP's? I know it's not official but I'd like to try if I could

Most people that get that "note" on their file have gone to guest services at the park. It's luck of the draw if the CM you run into will do it or not from what I hear.

Most people that get that "note" on their file have gone to guest services at the park. It's luck of the draw if the CM you run into will do it or not from what I hear.
Exactly, we wanted to have a 7 day hopper converted to an AP when in the Parks in November. Went to Guest Services and they put the note in the system. We are going in March so if an annoucement is not made by first week of January, will probably just have to bite the bullet and buy another 7 day ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter