When were you completely AWED by something at Disney?

On my very first trip back in 2006, everyone was leaving the Magic Kingdom after watching Wishes. Someone in the crowd yelled up to a Cast Member who was wearing one of those huge white hands, asking her to give it to him. I didn't think she'd do it, but she did. I think that's when I finally realized Disney is like no other place on Earth. Disney magic pixiedust:

Edit to add the Festival of the Lion King. I teared up. Can't wait to go see it again. Seeing Pop Century for the first time also left me in awe.

I loved seeing my daughter's face on her very first character meal. We were at Akershus. Ariel was her favorite at that time. When she met Ariel, I told her that we were so glad to meet her, and that she was my daughter's favorite princess. When it was time for the processional, Ariel held her hand and walked with her for the whole thing. It was magical for both of us.
It was our first trip. I wish I would have known about the yellow cards that I could have filled out to brag on her.

For me, my absolute favorite Disney moment was at the Adventurers Club! I miss it so much, it was such a unique experience. Just loved the Improv that went on during every single show. I was lucky enough to be pulled up on stage for one of the mock radio shows that they used to do. I had paralyzing stage fright for the first 60 seconds, but then just threw myself into it wholeheartedly! I got to play the part of a Swedish nurse. I even faked a pretty decent Swedish accent! It was so much fun, and I really really miss being able to go to the Adventurers Club when we go to Disney World.

Hands down the fireworks show in DLP. I love the fireworks in WDW but since we went to Paris this summer, I had us go to DLP. Half the songs are in French and it was just so cool! I cry every time I see Disney fireworks.
Very close second is Be Our Guest. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite so when we went in 2014, we were so excited to see it and eat there and it did not disappoint! The meal was the best as was our server. The decor had you feel like you were in the movie.

The lobby of the GF. I had passed the resort many times on the boat or the monorail. I went inside for the first time in Nov 2017 and was blown away. I love Victorian-era architecture and I seriously did not want to leave. I sat in the lobby just staring. We had an ADR at WCC. I told my family they could go and just leave me in the lobby. I will stay there for one night sometime in my life.

A couple moments stand out for me:

- Visiting a number of years ago during the transition from Halloween to Christmas. I visited MK two days in a row. One day it was all jack o'lanterns, and spiders, the very next morning it was all Christmas decorations. The speed of the transition wow'd me.

- Riding Flight of Passage the first time. I have never in my life come off of a ride crying from pure joy before. Lucky for my ego, 4 others in my group of 8 were also crying.

I have two:

(1) The Flag Lowering Ceremony at Disneyland. Veterans participate and patriotic music is played. It gets me every time.
(2) I was taking the boat from the Grand Floridian after dinner back to the Magic Kingdom. The fireworks started and the boat stopped in the middle of the lake to watch the show. We had the best seats in the house. Really a magical moment!

There have been many times I have been awed by Disney, but I have to give it up to the cast members. I remember on my last trip we were waiting in line for the Sci Fi Diner in Hollywood Studios and a there was a little girl who was dressed as a princess. The cast members behind the podium took out an autograph book and asked for the princesses signature. The girl was so excited and it was absolutely adorable. That right there is why I give Disney my money :D

Seeing Happily Ever After for the first time! I was so broken up when Wishes ended, but after seeing HAA, no comparison!!! I went back to MK almost every night of our trip last August just to see it again and again!

My fave moment has to be when a cm was outside the tower of terror after my first time and she could see that I was really shaken up and she pulled out a button saying "I'M CELEBRATING: Surviving the Tower of Terror 2014" and gave it to me

On our first trip 8 years ago, we were sitting in Magic Kingdom with having a snack when the trash can came to life! He started moving around, talking and interacting with our young kids. We had no idea this was a thing and it was such a fun surprise. I think his name was Push and I am pretty sure he isn't around any more. It is a shame because it was a really fun memory.

Well, we just got back last week, and now I can say that last time I was completely awed at Disney was when I rode Flight of Passage for the first time. Awed is the appropriate word!

So many times over the years, but the one that stands out now is the first time I saw that dragon coming down Main Street in the FoF parade. Still gives me goosebumps!

A few years ago, my DD was eating a mickey Ice cream, when somehow it plopped onto her favorite Minnie shirt. She was upset that her fave shirt was ruined, so she started to cry. A CM saw what had happened and he walked her into the nearest store and found her another Minnie shirt and gave it to her free of charge. I was just blown away...

I've got a couple to add, from WDW, our home away from home, and also from DL and my one and only trip West:

The first time I rode Tower of Terror at DHS, I was in awe of the scope of the theme and story telling. I know it's been old hat for years now, but that whole immersive experience is incredible. The grounds, the lobby, the preshow, the basement, and the visual effects on the ride are stunning. I just kept thinking, Walt would be proud.

And then at DL, on a beautiful, sunny and cool June afternoon, I was blown away by how beautiful that park is, especially around the Matterhorn. What a cool place :)

I was completely blown away the first time I saw Happily Ever After, especially when Tinker Bell flies down from the castle. Even if I'm just listening to the soundtrack I tear up.

We entered Epcot one afternoon through the International Gateway entrance. It was slow (this was 12 years ago) and we were the only ones coming in. On the other side of the turnstiles was Snow White. My (then) 5 year old daughter struck up a conversation with her.

Some background: this was “the big one” - 10 nights at the Beach Club in early Nov, knowing that our kids would soon be in elementary school and such a trip wouldn’t be feasible again anytime soon. We were worried that the trip would cost ALOT but not be worth it. We entered Epcot after checking in at the Beach Club, upon arrival...

So my daughter is chatting with Snow White, with no end in sight; no one else in line or even standing around. We’re still near the turnstiles.

My daughter gushes “I was just in a play with Belle!” (She was a townsfolk in the local high school production of Beauty and the Beast) Snow White asks “So you’re from Belle’s hometown, the quiet village?” My daughter: “yes!”

Snow White says “Well follow me, I’d like to introduce you to a friend.” And we begin walking.

Snow White takes us out to the main World Showcase path and takes a right. Over the bridge, toward France. I don’t recall seeing anyone else around, but there must have been.

We walk into France and turn into a garden area. There’s Belle, sitting alone. Snow White says “Belle, this is Janey from your village.” On cue, Belle replies “Janey, so good to see you again!” And the three of them chatted for a while like long lost pals.

We were 10 minutes into our big vacation, looking on in amazement. We hadn’t been on a single ride or done a single thing on our complicated spreadsheet itinerary...yet my wife and I knew that the trip was already worth every penny, that the rest was really gravy.

Last edited:
So many WOW's over the years....watching our DD's reaction the first time they saw Cindy's castle, during a parade, Robin Hood took my very shy daughter's hand and she danced and had a permanent smile the whole day!....
The most recent Wow for me was when I meet Chewbacca last year, I started crying (IDK why...) he took me in his arms for a good 3 mins and my hubby and kids got the best pics!
Sorry one more, resort hopping at Christmas, so beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!