When was your first exposure to Disney?

Watching the world of Disney on Sunday nights with Walt doing the intro. My parents took us to WDW a few years after opened. I remember going to dinner at the contemporary with my family and being awestruck.

We watched Mickey Mouse Club, Wonderful World of Disney every week then went to WDW and stayed at the Contemporary in 1972.

In the womb at WDW.
There's a video of my mom showing off her baby bump in front of the WDW Railroad.
The first exposure that I can actually remember was WDW at age 2.

I think the first time I ever experienced Disney was when my mom and grandma drove the 3 of us kids from Southern Ontario to Tijuana, Mexico and back. Mexico had not been our first stop though, at the time we had relatives living both Reno, Nevada and Chino, California. We'd been all through that area in the car and I guess one day, being in such close proximity to Disneyland, mom asked her relatives how easy it would be to take us to Disneyland, and thus began my attraction to all things Disney. That was back in 1977 when I was 12 years old. Today I'm 51 years old, and still attracted to all things Disney!

On the day we visited Disneyland, I had my picture taken with Donald Duck, who spoke to me in a duck-sounding voice, to turn around and smile for the camera. "Cheese! Cheese!" he said! I remember watching the original Main Street Electrical Parade and the America On Parade parade like it was yesterday.

However, prior to this, I'm sure we'd seen many, many programs on Sunday nights when the Wonderful World of Disney came on television. So I've been addicted for many, many years.

When was your first exposure to Disney?

This was my daily dose of Disney!

I've watched Disney movies for as long as I can remember. My first visit to WDW was when I was a baby/toddler. I learned to walk in our hotel room (Treehouse Villa)! We moved to Orlando when I was 3 and got annual passes so I grew up in the parks.. unfortunately I don't have an earliest memory there because it's just always been a part of my life! But really, I can't imagine it any other way :)

We watched the Wonderful World of Color every Sunday night.

First movie of any kind that I remember seeing was Mary Poppins when it came out in 1964 I was 7. My dad's car broke down downtown and mom and I hung out in the air conditioned theater next to the auto repair place while the car was fixed.

My first trip to Disneyland was in 1965 at age 8.

I remember our first Disney trip. I was in kindergarten. My sister and I both got fifth disease and we were there in the summer and people were giving my Mom the nastiest looks because she had us decked out in long sleeves/ pants in the heat lol
I also remember riding 20,000 leagues under the sea so vividly - it was my favorite ride and I'm glad I got to experience it before they closed it!!

Probably when I was a baby or toddler. I knew who all the characters were when I went to Disneyland at age 4.

I grew up on Disney. My entire family is obsessed. I didn't get obsessed with going to Disneyland until I took a trip with friends in 2000. It opened up a whole new world for me. :tink:

We had the Disneyland Viewmaster set also, and watched The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday night. First trip to a Disney park was WDW in 1998 when we took our kids (I was 36).

I assume my earliest Disney exposure was when my parents brought me home from the hospital. I've grown up with it.

My first trip to WDW was when I was about 9 months old or so.

First visit was 1974. My parents were already in Florida for a vacation and I flew down for a few days while they were there. We went to MK for the day. I remember going on Space Mountain, but that's really all I remember.

I suppose my first exposure was the Sunday evening TV program. Or maybe some Disney books or record albums.

First visit was on my 14th birthday in 1975. Just the Magic Kingdom existed then.
Yes my first visit, MK was the only park at that time.

I spent several years of my childhood living about 15 minutes from Disneyland. We went there many times as a family.

I also took some special trips there with my very best friend in the world, even after we moved away. She passed away from breast cancer a little over a year ago.

I think the nostalgia and remembering my trips with my best friend when we were young was what resurrected my interest in Disney.

TV and movies would be the first exposure.

The first time in a park was Disneyland when I was in college. Band was on a tour and we played in Disneyland late morning. Then we had the rest of the day to enjoy the park. It was when you still used tickets for the different rides and attractions. Still have my Mickey ears!

I don't think there was ever a time for me without Disney. In a home movie of my nursery Mickey and the gang are tossing balls back and forth on the wall next to my crib. My first exposure to the parks was when I was 2 and we went to Disney World. The first movie I ever saw in a theater was Pocahontas when I was almost 5.

My first exposure - yup The Wonderful World of Disney

My certified addiction when my parents brought us to WDW in Feb of 1972 at age 10. WOW just dated myself:rotfl::rotfl:

I watched the original Mickey Mouse Club as a toddler- not reruns- but do not remember it.
First exposure to a Disney attraction was at the New York Worlds Fair 1964/65
Saw Its a Small World , Carousel of Progress , World of Motion there
Did not make it to a Disney Park until 1985- I was 31

First WDW trip was in 1985 when I was 7 years old. That's when it really started. I can remember Disney movies from before that trip, but that trip was the moment my family became Disney people. We went just about every year after that through my childhood and teen years.

Born and raised in a Disney family, I do not have a single memory that does not include an element of Disney...so blessed:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter