When is Your Next Royal Cruise?

We wound up booking the Odyssey of the Seas for September 5th out of Ft. Lauderdale. (Labor Day Week) based on how the restarts have been going so far. Hope it continues on. (Also never booked a cruise that close to the peak of hurricane season before)

We are booked (lifted & shifted from Jan 2021) Harmony of the Seas Jan 16 2022.
I hope it’s a go, but I worry what restrictions they will have onboard, such as masks.

I moved my Harmony December cruise to March 2022, same ship and itinerary, but my son will be able to be vaccinated. Also booked a 4-night on Indy before the Harmony, just because :) We'll have to find something to do in Port Canaveral area for two days between the cruises, but at this point just being at a hotel, not having to cook or clean myself, I'll be happy! Looking forward to comparing Indy to Freedom (which we sailed twice before it was updated) and trying Harmony!

We are completely confused of what to do. We have Anthem booked in December but of course that is only if it returns to the States. Things are looking more promising now though for that. We also booked Mariner for December as that one is starting up in August so we know it will be running. Or we may drop those and go to an all inclusive in Mexico. We need to decide by end of Sept (i.e. final payment date) and don't know what to do.

And if we pick a land vacation for Dec, then next cruise is March 2022 on Anthem.

We are completely confused of what to do. We have Anthem booked in December but of course that is only if it returns to the States. Things are looking more promising now though for that. We also booked Mariner for December as that one is starting up in August so we know it will be running. Or we may drop those and go to an all inclusive in Mexico. We need to decide by end of Sept (i.e. final payment date) and don't know what to do.
My wife and I are going on our first non-Disney cruise on the Anthem in December as well. You must be going later in the month, since our final payment date is the end of August

My wife and I are going on our first non-Disney cruise on the Anthem in December as well. You must be going later in the month, since our final payment date is the end of August
Correct. Our cruise is over xmas with our kids. Just need to decide if we feel Anthem will return to the US as scheduled as we'll end up losing money if we pay it out and it doesn't run (and lose a much needed vacation). We're all vaccinated though (or will be very soon) and US / Canada border looks better so things are looking up. (Plus fact that Oasis is starting in NJ is a good sign too)

I just realized Dreams does RCCL! Wondering if I should/can give Makayla my cruise reservation…

We booked our honeymoon, shockingly not to WDW, but for Alaska on Ovation of the Seas next August (19-26, 2022)! It will be my 8th cruise, but first on Royal Caribbean (and first in a while - ships got way bigger!!) and my future husband’s first! Excited!

Big health requirement change today. Covid Test required for everyone 3 days or less before the cruise. (Probably from the fact 2 vaccinated folks on the Celebrity Edge tested positive on board when they went to the sick bay with "colds")

I just realized Dreams does RCCL! Wondering if I should/can give Makayla my cruise reservation…
Yes, Dreams does RCCL. You might want to contact Makayla to ask about transferring to her. IIRC, There are some restrictions.

Big health requirement change today. Covid Test required for everyone 3 days or less before the cruise. (Probably from the fact 2 vaccinated folks on the Celebrity Edge tested positive on board when they went to the sick bay with "colds")
View attachment 593131

Seems to be for cruises 5 nights or longer (so 3 and 4 nights it's not required). So far any way.

Aug 16!! Can't wait

And just found out our March 2022 cruise to Southern Caribbean has been cancelled :(

At this point I'm thinking that it's best to cancel my December cruise. There's just so much volatility going on that even if things work out for Canadians wanting to cruise out of the US, it will be completely stressful getting there. And I really don't need that when planning a vacation.

At this point I'm thinking that it's best to cancel my December cruise. There's just so much volatility going on that even if things work out for Canadians wanting to cruise out of the US, it will be completely stressful getting there. And I really don't need that when planning a vacation.
Also Canadian ....but not giving up on our December Anthem cruise just yet. Family is all vaccinated. We also have the flexibility of driving (even though a long drive) or flying. The biggest fear though is if we test positive and have issues getting back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter