When is Snow White's Scary Adventures closing?

umichigan10

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering when this is supposed to close because I have never been on it but am going this August, and would like to go on it before it closes forever.

Not announced yet.
I would guess that they won't close it until TLM is up and running (or close to it). To build new rides in an unused part of the park is one thing but to close down rides in the park is another. Especially considering Toon Town is closing soon.
I would also guess that they will relocate Dumbo at the same time. It would make sense to close off a chunk of FL and do both things at the same time.
No matter how it turns out it will be interesting to see how this plays out. They have to renovate the Barnstormer, relocate Dumbo, and gut SWSA. Again I'm thinking they'll do Dumbo and SW at the same time and they will either wait until TLM is up or the Barnstormer is done. That or leave the Barnstormer running until they finish Dumbo and or SW.
I’m thinking all of FL will be as it is when you get there but August is a long way away…

Thank you for the insight. I just hope I'm able to get one ride in on SWSA before they board it up.

Aww! I know it's not the most popular ride, lol, but I'll miss it when it's gone.

hmmm I was thinking it would be boarded up soon to get the princeness a spot quickly - I hope you are right & it is still open in August but I'm not thinking so, I think spring break is pushing it

hmmm I was thinking it would be boarded up soon to get the princeness a spot quickly - I hope you are right & it is still open in August but I'm not thinking so, I think spring break is pushing it

but I think Disco's right bc they probably want to refurbish Dumbo and SWSA at the same time, which since Dumbo is fairly popular explains why it's still running

Blah,
Who knows but I can't imagine MK without Dumbo, Toon Town, Barnstormer and SWSA. I'd want my money back.

Blah,
Who knows but I can't imagine MK without Dumbo, Toon Town, Barnstormer and SWSA. I'd want my money back.

With Dumbo it might be easy to only have a short lapse. If that castle wall lands behind where is currently stands, it should be a problem to keep the old one going until the new one is ready.

Barnstormer is pretty unforunate because it has to shut down. Probably can be done in under a year. So at least kids won't age fast enough to be done with it forever when it's rethemed.

SWSA is a travesty. WDW is so meet and greet hungry that I could see them closing that as soon as they are willing to give up some park capacity.

I'll be sad when it goes, too. I made my brother ride it in December and he was surprised by how good it is. My favorite scene is the dark woods scene. Brilliant!

Not announced yet.
I would guess that they won't close it until TLM is up and running (or close to it). To build new rides in an unused part of the park is one thing but to close down rides in the park is another. Especially considering Toon Town is closing soon.
I would also guess that they will relocate Dumbo at the same time. It would make sense to close off a chunk of FL and do both things at the same time.
No matter how it turns out it will be interesting to see how this plays out. They have to renovate the Barnstormer, relocate Dumbo, and gut SWSA. Again I'm thinking they'll do Dumbo and SW at the same time and they will either wait until TLM is up or the Barnstormer is done. That or leave the Barnstormer running until they finish Dumbo and or SW.
I’m thinking all of FL will be as it is when you get there but August is a long way away…

OK. What is TLM?? Can never figure out all the short cuts. :confused3

Good thing I came across this,eh?! I have some great information to share!
I just now got done reading the Disney Parks blog about an Update with the Fantasyland Expansion.So,I shall give you a little insight.I do hope it helps!I will start quoting things he said,that may be able to share with you when it will close.~

To start off,they have to gut the ride first.

But heres what was said on the Blog:

"Our other Disney princesses will also be getting a new home (actually, they prefer to call it a castle) in the all new Princess Fairytale Hall. Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in an elegant royal court at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. This new experience will be in place of some of the earlier plans we shared regarding opportunities to interact with your favorite princesses"

But,what Im thinking,is that,its not going to close until late in the expansion.The only thing they REALLY need to do,is gut the ride,and rid everything inside.Do some tweaking with painting,lighting,decoration etc., and it should be good! But here is another thing said:

"The New Fantasyland will be constructed in phases with most new experiences open by 2013."

Which means it will LIKELY close in early 2013 or late 2012.~

I hope this helps!~

Here is the link to the blog: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/update-on-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

LOL,
Well they'll have to rip out Dumbo soon so I'm guessing that will kick off the work in the old FL. Question is will they just do a little bit at a time or close down a big chunk of it?
I would have thought that the latest they would close SWSA is after next years summer rush. I really figure that as soon as TLM is completed then the Snow White gut will begin. I doubt that they would wait until after the SD Mine ride opens.
I am a little worried now that you said "with most new experiences open by 2013." They darn well better be completely done by 2013.

Any more word on when this is going to close. We are going in January and my little cousin is obsessed with snow white. This will be her first time going to Disney!!!

Well according to the HUB It still has operating hours posted until the end of April 2012 for the ride. It's probably only showing until April because park hours haven't posted any further out.

My guess is it will be one of the last things to close -- maybe around the time the new SW coaster opens.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter