When does new DVC purchase expire?

irazabul

Mouseketeer
I purchased SSR resale a long time ago. I think my expiration is 2042 or something like like (I don't even remember, lol). If someone purchases direct now, is the expiration date the same as mine, or is it XX years after the date of purchase.

It depends on the resort. Each resort has its own expiration date, and it's the same whether you buy direct or resale. It also doesn't change depending on when you buy it.

If you bought Boardwalk when it was new, direct from DVC or if you buy it tomorrow on the resale market, the expiration is 2042.

The exception to this is OKW. DVC did this weird extension thing. Some contracts are 2042 and some are 2057 expiration.

I believe Saratoga is 2054.

Correct, January 2054. This means the last points to be distributed are the 2053 points and members have until 1/31/2054 to use them.

It depends on the resort. Each resort has its own expiration date, and it's the same whether you buy direct or resale. It also doesn't change depending on when you buy it.

If you bought Boardwalk when it was new, direct from DVC or if you buy it tomorrow on the resale market, the expiration is 2042.

The exception to this is OKW. DVC did this weird extension thing. Some contracts are 2042 and some are 2057 expiration.

I believe Saratoga is 2054.
That's what I thought, thanks. 2054...that's awesome. It was very well purchasing SSR when we did, about 12 years ago at 70/point!

Correct, January 2054. This means the last points to be distributed are the 2053 points and members have until 1/31/2054 to use them.
This is an important fact to remember, because you only have 1 month of the final year to use points. I try to think of it instead as "SSR expires at the end of 2053" to keep myself from thinking I can travel in the year the points expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter