When do you think the border will reopen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always tell my family and friends that life is something to be tolerated when a person isn't at Disneyland.

On the topic of the US/Canada border, the following very interesting article talks about how Canadians are responding to a request yesterday by a bi-partisan group of American members of congress who want the border to re-open.

Canadians Say "Keep It" to U.S. Congress Calls for Reopened Border

I have yet to find a Canadian who wants to reopen the border.

Really? We are dying in the east right now from the heat (not from COVID, but still more in LTCH than anywhere else). We would be happy to ship some of this back west if you want it. It must have forgotten to stop as passed across your region!
Please ship it over here I will take the heat!!!!! hahaah

I have yet to find a Canadian who wants to reopen the border.
I wish the passport offices would open and start processing. The longer they wait, the more of a backlog. My son't expires Jan.

Before I was hoping for the border to open...but wow...US is totally out of control. They need to get it together. So sadly, the borders need to remain closed.

I wish the passport offices would open and start processing. The longer they wait, the more of a backlog. My son't expires Jan.

Before I was hoping for the border to open...but wow...US is totally out of control. They need to get it together. So sadly, the borders need to remain closed.

My son's expired in December and I had planned to take care of it on March break... didn't happen of course. We can't really go anywhere if they don't open well before. I'm not entirely sure why they can't, surely social distancing should work? Most other government departments/agencies are opening or have.

My son's expired in December and I had planned to take care of it on March break... didn't happen of course. We can't really go anywhere if they don't open well before. I'm not entirely sure why they can't, surely social distancing should work? Most other government departments/agencies are opening or have.
Same. We were waiting to return from March break before renewing. Our next trip isn't booked until March ...if that one even happens...so we have time. But longer they wait, the worse it will be.

Or visitors' idea of quarantine isn't quarantine. More of a 'how can I fit this into our vacation plans' notion. Neighbours had cousins from Scotland and their kids over for a few days. Overheard neighbours say they were driving to another city to 'quarantine' for a more few days with another household in the family. Umm, no. Quarantine should mean isolate in a hotel room or remote camp or cabin. Not hopscotch spread the virus across the province.

Or visitors' idea of quarantine isn't quarantine. More of a 'how can I fit this into our vacation plans' notion. Neighbours had cousins from Scotland and their kids over for a few days. Overheard neighbours say they were driving to another city to 'quarantine' for a more few days with another household in the family. Umm, no. Quarantine should mean isolate in a hotel room or remote camp or cabin. Not hopscotch spread the virus across the province.

See I have zero patience for this and would be tempted to report people doing this.

I think the hardest thing for me about this whole situation right now is no ability to travel . I‘ve realized how important it is to me in a number of ways . I plan travel throughout the year as stress relief. If I’ve had a bad day I lose myself in researching a destination or planning an itinerary. I listen to podcasts about travel and all the places I could see while I take my walk every day .
My sister who lives in Tampa had her baby Thursday night:cloud9:. I can’t wait to get on a plane and go see him when we are able to safely again.

Its so hard to not know when we will be able to move about freely again, see the world , see our loved ones . I don‘t follow these restrictions easily or without hardship. I wrestle with it, I struggle . I’ve been in tears several times since Thursday when my nephew was born realizing how long it could be before I could meet him or hug my sister who is a new mom for the first time.
I say all this because I know without a doubt how hard it is on some people. And it’s so hard to see people just going to Disney or saying ”well theres no restriction on air travel so ...”

I truly believe we have to make the hard choice now, to spare lives , and resources , and get this awful thing over with sooner. It’s the best we can do. People are making way bigger sacrifices than me. I have to remind myself every day.

I think the hardest thing for me about this whole situation right now is no ability to travel . I‘ve realized how important it is to me in a number of ways . I plan travel throughout the year as stress relief. If I’ve had a bad day I lose myself in researching a destination or planning an itinerary. I listen to podcasts about travel and all the places I could see while I take my walk every day .
My sister who lives in Tampa had her baby Thursday night:cloud9:. I can’t wait to get on a plane and go see him when we are able to safely again.

Its so hard to not know when we will be able to move about freely again, see the world , see our loved ones . I don‘t follow these restrictions easily or without hardship. I wrestle with it, I struggle . I’ve been in tears several times since Thursday when my nephew was born realizing how long it could be before I could meet him or hug my sister who is a new mom for the first time.
I say all this because I know without a doubt how hard it is on some people. And it’s so hard to see people just going to Disney or saying ”well theres no restriction on air travel so ...”

I truly believe we have to make the hard choice now, to spare lives , and resources , and get this awful thing over with sooner. It’s the best we can do. People are making way bigger sacrifices than me. I have to remind myself every day.

Congrats on the new babe Auntie Pigletto! And yep it’s so hard just the not knowing

So many congratulations!!

I really understand your position...we’re all making sacrifices that are hard for us, and for most of use those sacrifices are nowhere near what they could be. It’s okay to be sad about the things you’re missing and to feel frustrated at the people who believe themselves invincible.

I hope you get lots of facetime visits with your sister and nephew, and that you’re able to visit as soon as possible, once it’s safe for all of you. In the meantime, I hope they’re doing well in a Florida.

Congrats!

ECFB3D80-8909-4651-B999-C9C2E48B7794.jpeg

Planning trips is also my way to de-stress! Now I turn to working on my class websites which is not a very effective remedy! I think the uncertainty is adding more stress. I don’t mind not travelling soon but not knowing when and where is hard. Hope you get to meet your Disney nephew soon!!

Congratulations on your new little nephew! :hug:

I definitely feel your pain. I also love preparing for our trips as a way to destress and having to cancel our August trip has been so hard. Hopefully we can get through this sooner rather than later so our lives can have some normalcy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter