When do "next" years points become available.

kid-at-heart

DIS Veteran
If I wanted to book a reservation at my home resort 11 months out and the I am aiming for April 2010, will the 2010 points be posted by May 2009?

Thanks,
Kate

When I look at my account online, my points through my April 2011 use year have been posted since last April. You'll never run into a situation where points are not posted when you want to use them. I could make a reservation in May for April 2010 and borrow 2011 points. By then 2012 should be posted, so they are always a year ahead.

Don't confuse posted with available either. You can always make a reservation at your home resort 11 months in advance (if you have points available). So for an April 2010 reservation, you will be able to call in May 2009. Depending upon your use year and how many points you have, you will either use current year, banked or borrowed points (or combination).

HBC

I am sorry, I was not clear in my question; I was trying to ask about when the dates are posted in regards to "DVC seasons", i.e., Adventure season, Choice season, Dream season, etc. If the dates per season have not been posted, can I still make a reservation? Or are the DVC season dates always posted at least eleven months in advance?

Thanks,
Kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter