When do AP discounts come out?

FigaroandFifi

Mouseketeer
So I used to have an AP and don’t have one now. I have a trip planned for September without the AP discount (I booked it in February thinking I would call back for discount info), when would those discounts come out? I need to order the new AP anD get it linked in MDE, lol.

Last year, AP rates for September and early October were released on June 12, but, to put things in a little perspective, general public discounts for that timeframe last year were released in mid-April and, as of now, all discounts for this year end on Aug. 28 - just in time for the SWGE opening on Aug. 29. We may or may not see any fall discounts in any form this year. I would just keep an eye on these boards for any discount releases.

As much as I would love to see a discount, who knows if we'll actually get one this year! If we do, it seems like Disney is definitely holding off on releasing one...maybe seeing how the opening of SWGE goes and if more people will book without a discount. We got a great summer discount for our July trip, and have just paid rack rate for our fall November trip. I didn't expect a discount, and we wanted a specific resort. If one comes out I will be pleasantly surprised.

AP Discounts last year for Fall came out 6/12 with Florida Resident on 6/26. in 2017. It was 6/22 and 6/27 and '16 was 6/20 and 7/5. So if there were, I would expect them tomorrow or next tuesday and they seem to release on Tuesdays

The only thing that might be a sign is that this year, they have not offered the Sept only general public discounts which were in April of '17 and '18. It will be interesting to see what , if anything , happens in the next week or two. There are still plenty of rooms available in Sept.

On another thread I posted that September has near open availability. There isn't a single date in Sept where all resorts are fully booked. In fact, there are multiple dates where ALL resorts have availability. Disney is first and foremost a business - they would rather fill rooms at a discount and get that share of wallet from guests (tickets, meals, merch etc..) than have those rooms sit empty.

Yeah was trying to get to the parks and out before SWGE opened but that didn't happen :(. Oh well, we are seriously considering cancelling anyway and rebooking for a date next year which leads to my next question.

If I order my AP now they mail me a voucher correct? If I enter that voucher in MDE does that activate it or do I have to go to the parks to activate it? Sorry but my last one I just upgraded my tickets so I didn't have this, they did it all for me at the parks.

Yeah was trying to get to the parks and out before SWGE opened but that didn't happen :(. Oh well, we are seriously considering cancelling anyway and rebooking for a date next year which leads to my next question.

If I order my AP now they mail me a voucher correct? If I enter that voucher in MDE does that activate it or do I have to go to the parks to activate it? Sorry but my last one I just upgraded my tickets so I didn't have this, they did it all for me at the parks.
If you order an AP now, you will have a "virtual" voucher in your MDE account. You will have to go to Guest Relations to get it activated.

AP Discounts last year for Fall came out 6/12 with Florida Resident on 6/26. in 2017. It was 6/22 and 6/27 and '16 was 6/20 and 7/5. So if there were, I would expect them tomorrow or next tuesday and they seem to release on Tuesdays

The only thing that might be a sign is that this year, they have not offered the Sept only general public discounts which were in April of '17 and '18. It will be interesting to see what , if anything , happens in the next week or two. There are still plenty of rooms available in Sept.
I got a a sun and fun discount for September '19 earlier in the year. I cant remember when I booked it, but I know it was before May. And, definitly, before the opening of Star Wars was announced.

No new offers, and usually by this time, they have been posted.

AND MDE is a mess this morning. Today is the day that 2020 packages are released for booking.

Booking is currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later.

On another thread I posted that September has near open availability. There isn't a single date in Sept where all resorts are fully booked. In fact, there are multiple dates where ALL resorts have availability. Disney is first and foremost a business - they would rather fill rooms at a discount and get that share of wallet from guests (tickets, meals, merch etc..) than have those rooms sit empty.
It’s funny I saw a 20/20 or 60 minutes or one of those shows years ago with CEO of Hilton and he said day of they do not offere discounts, because people then come to expect it and they do not want to offer discounts. The question was something along the lines of if I show up at 10pm and ask for a room I will get a discount right. And he went on to explain why that would not be the case.

Disney now has people excepting it... so he was right there.

It’s funny I saw a 20/20 or 60 minutes or one of those shows years ago with CEO of Hilton and he said day of they do not offere discounts, because people then come to expect it and they do not want to offer discounts. The question was something along the lines of if I show up at 10pm and ask for a room I will get a discount right. And he went on to explain why that would not be the case.

Disney now has people excepting it... so he was right there.
True, However, Disney does advertise discounts for AP holders in their benefits guide, so its not that unusual people would expect them. As for general public discounts, I can see that.

Just curious for those who might know, but has there ever been a year where there was no Fall (well...Sept-Oct-Nov) annual pass holder special room rate?

We are crossing our fingers for an AP discount for late Nov/early Dec, but sort of planning for them not to have one. I think it was 6/20/18 last yr, the discounts came out for that stay period. Couldn't they increase hotel rates for late fall, and then offer discounts starting at 5% for Value to technically satisfy the AP room discount expectations but not actually offer net savings. Like a jewelry store mark up sale? We booked our stay on UT for about 5% off, figuring it was better than nothing, and we could change it if something came out from Disney.

We are crossing our fingers for an AP discount for late Nov/early Dec, but sort of planning for them not to have one.
This is me. I’m coming on Thanksgiving for 10 nights and have a rack rate POR/FQ split stay booked. I’m hoping to see an AP discount released so I can play around with the reservation and possibly switch one or both resorts for a Deluxe, but if not, I’m ok with what I have now. But the 40% and 35% discounts have really spoiled me!

This is me. I’m coming on Thanksgiving for 10 nights and have a rack rate POR/FQ split stay booked. I’m hoping to see an AP discount released so I can play around with the reservation and possibly switch one or both resorts for a Deluxe, but if not, I’m ok with what I have now. But the 40% and 35% discounts have really spoiled me!
We are both doing a 10 day stay starting on Thanksgiving. Idk about you, but the way everything has gone, we booked our SWA flights the first day flights for MCO from Chicago were offered late May - not on sale, and up to $1250 for 2 of our group (Grand Rapids connecting in Chicago). We just didn't want to chance it, and there were already some flights sold out on the 1st day where people marked their calendars for midnight when the flights first come out. We typically aim for only $100 ea way/per person.

I'm still holding out hope, but I can see them not offering an AP room discount (it was offered 6/20/18 last yr) or offering smaller discounts after marked up room rates (no net discount) just because they advertise AP room discounts when selling APs and guests have come to expect them. It sort of seems like Disney is encouraging more DVC with the huge AP rate hikes. We booked our room via UT for a 5% discount, that we hoped would be temporary until a sale - that may not come after all.

We actually only have 10 day ph's that we were going to upgrade to APs. We pulled the trigger on instead buying APs straight up to hold, and start using in the fall of 2021 once the 50th celebration is hopefully mostly in full swing, and prices for AP are even higher. We're going to use the 10 days this trip and just buy memory maker via discounted gift cards.

Just curious for those who might know, but has there ever been a year where there was no Fall (well...Sept-Oct-Nov) annual pass holder special room rate?
There have been times with no discounts, times when discounts were only for specific hotels (one summer it was the Epcot deluxes only), and times with really tiny discounts. The discounts vary depending on whether Disney needs them to fill the rooms. They have no incentive to discount rooms that are already booked at rack rate. The ultimate reason for the discount is to fill the room that is not booked at all yet.

That’s why I don’t book until the discount is released. If the hotel is at 90% occupancy and their threshold to offer a discount is 75% occupancy, they aren’t going to offer one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter