When did you let your kids get their drivers license? (Not learners permit)

When did your kids get their drivers license?

Votes: 63 70.8%

Votes: 18 20.2%

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 19+

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
DS got his permit last year about a month after his 15th birthday. He will get his DL about a month after his 16th birthday.

Our premiums will go up once he is licensed. I called our insurance company a few months ago just to get an idea and since we won't be adding an additional vehicle and just adding him to the policy, our premiums will go up about $80 per month. It will be a lot more once we add an additional car, but that won't be for several months after he turns 16, and he will to be able to contribute to that cost.

My DS made the mistake of telling me that the law in PA that says he could only have one other teenager in the car was a stupid law. I explained that he had to abide by laws whether or not he liked them. So, he waited until he was 18 to get his license. At that point, he could drive with his friends and he could stay out past midnight without getting fined.

My DD didn't want to get her license until she was 20. When her brother got sick, I think she overcame her fear of driving in case she was home alone with him and needed to take him to the ER. Now she lives 2 miles uphill from campus and she has a car at school. She is very grateful for this, especially with the arctic cold that's coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter