Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I know G+ can be reserved at 7am (or so I thought) but every morning this week I pull up the app to see what is available and how far out things are being booked through different intervals but sitting at home (not in central Florida) I don't see anything listed until 7:15 am? What's that about?

I know G+ can be reserved at 7am (or so I thought) but every morning this week I pull up the app to see what is available and how far out things are being booked through different intervals but sitting at home (not in central Florida) I don't see anything listed until 7:15 am? What's that about?
This is covered in the posts on page 1. To see the times between 7 and 7:15 you will need to click into each individual ride.

This change was put in place to decrease times ‘jumping’ to hours later when guests are booking their first LL at 7AM.

I keep trying to wrap my brain around all the genie + complexities but this one is still tripping me up.

Let's say I book a lightning lane at 9:00 am for a return time of 6:00 pm.
I book my next lightning lane at 11:00 am for an 11:30 am return time.

Can I then book my next ride after taping on to the 11:30 am ride? Or do I need to wait until 1:00 pm (120 minutes after booking)?

Hi all! We are going to Disneyworld for the first time in five years, so I would greatly appreciate critique of the following plan for Monday, December 12 (my husband and I, staying at the Wilderness Lodge, and we have Park Hoppers). Thank you!

Early entry to Magic Kingdom at 8:30.
Early lunch at Columbia Harbor House (time flexible).
Park hop to DHS at 2.
Early Dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby at 4:15.
Fantasmic at 7:30, as part of dinner package.
Park hop to Epcot after Fantasmic for Deluxe afterhours.

Rides we want to experience are Jingle Cruise, Peter Pan, Rise of the Resistance, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I understand I may need to pay, but not sure how to prioritize rides on the Disney app. It will just be me on the app, my husband doesn’t “do” stuff like this lol.

Hi, do I need to buy the Genie+ the same day I want to use it and at the same time (7am) trying to get an attraction? Or I can buy buy it before 7am?

On the first page of this thread and throughout this thread when people have answered questions, it states that you can book another LL after 2 hours (or 2 hours after park opening) or after you have tapped into your most RECENTLY booked LL. However, on the Disney site, it says, "You must redeem an existing Disney Genie+ service Lightning Lane selection or wait 2 hours—whichever comes first—before making another Lightning Lane entrance selection through Disney Genie+ service." This does not indicate it has to be the most recent, only that you redeem an existing LL selection." Can someone clarify why people are saying it has to be the most recent? I just want to make sure I understand how to book another LL since this will be our first time using this service.
We did stacking starting at 0700 this am. So far I've been able to stack Jingle Cruise, HM, PP, and 7DMT (LL+ purchase). (Plus we have a late lunch ADR within that time period. It was far easier than I expected and next one to stack will be AO for after dark.

If the 120 minute rule doesn't start until the park opens whhhhhhhy does the first booking window even open at 7am?

I keep trying to work through this and see how to make it work for us but I'm frustrated at how not friendly (use or $$$ wise) this is for people who like start early, break midday, and head back in later.

If the 120 minute rule doesn't start until the park opens whhhhhhhy does the first booking window even open at 7am?

I keep trying to work through this and see how to make it work for us but I'm frustrated at how not friendly (use or $$$ wise) this is for people who like start early, break midday, and head back in later.
This is only my thought but, I'm normally up at 7AM anyways on most Disney days so I'd rather book our first LL at 7AM when I'm puttering around the room getting ready rather than when I'm in line for transportation, getting food or something else that would distract me. Also, then it's done and over and I can start my day without needing to keep checking the clock to ensure I don't miss that crucial first drop where some LLs disappear for the day.

Hi, I'm planning my first trip in the Genie+ era. I see various posts here and elsewhere saying you may not need to buy Genie+ on your AK day. But when I look in the app from home, I see pretty long standby times for Navi and Kilimanjaro. If my group really wants to do both Navi and Kilimanjaro and doesn't want to wait more than 30 minutes, I assume we should buy Genie+ for the day?

Hi, I'm planning my first trip in the Genie+ era. I see various posts here and elsewhere saying you may not need to buy Genie+ on your AK day. But when I look in the app from home, I see pretty long standby times for Navi and Kilimanjaro. If my group really wants to do both Navi and Kilimanjaro and doesn't want to wait more than 30 minutes, I assume we should buy Genie+ for the day?
It really depends on when your trip is although most days those rides have wait times > 30 mins for a good portion of the day.

I would recommend looking at stats on thrill-data.com to see the average wait times for those rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter