When are people rebooking their cancelled ABD's?

Anamarie2002

Earning My Ears
I do not know if there is a similar thread with a similar topic, but hopeful this helps people in similar situations. My family and I were supposed to go on a Disneyland and Southern California ABD in the end of June. Because of recent events, our trip has been cancelled. Since this is happening to a lot of other people, I was wondering when people have started to rebook. We are having a difficult time finding months to reschedule because one of the members of our group is starting their first semester in college in the fall. When could a lot of these cancelled groups and families start rescheduling their adventure? If anyone in this thread has experience with Disneyland crowds, what would possibly be the best time to replan our adventure?

Our June 2nd Egypt trip was cancelled. We are rescheduled to New Zealand December 2021. Not sure what we are going to do between now and then though, probably Mexico.

Are you asking when are they re-scheduling *to*? Have you called ABD, because the new dates for 2021 are only available from them (or your TA) by phone, so you may not be seeing everything. Most people I've seen so far are re-scheduling for similar dates in 2021.

Sayhello

Something to consider as far as timing, once you have college kids, is that they get a really long winter break usually. We have a trip planned for December 2020 to Japan as 3 of our 4 kids will be in college and the youngest a freshman in HS. The youngest will miss 2 days of school, but that was the only break where I could reliably get the college kids, with summer school, internships, etc.

It's not an ideal time for Japan (assuming we even get to go) but it's better than a trip not everyone can go on.

I just cancelled my July 19 SoCal/DL trip and have until Dec. 31, 2021 to make a decision as to when to use my deposit (I'm assuming you got a full refund on your trip, however, since it was cancelled?). I will wait as long as I possibly can to re-book so I can get a feeling on where we are in terms of businesses re-opening and also see what is happening with DS12's school schedule. At that point, I will, most likely, book summer or winter of 2021.

Here in CA, at least one State University, Cal State Fullerton, has mandated 100% remote instruction for Fall 2020. My community college is allowing instructors to go %100 remote as optional. Most are choosing the option. My college President, in touch with state and local health officials, said in a meeting yesterday that he foresees no "back to normal" until Fall, earliest, and that from what he's been told, he estimates a 50% chance the college will have to close again in the mid/late Fall, even if it opens up to start in August. As he's getting the inside skinny from the experts, I trust his predictions.

My point? If you're planning CA/Disneyland, I would recommend you not reschedule for any time this year.

Last edited:

My Southern California ABD was cancelled for Mid-May, and we rescheduled for early November.

I understand there is a risk of another outbreak at that time. But my father and I figured that if the Parks re-open sometime mid-summer, that provides Disneyland a few months to refine policies and procedures. Its all speculation of course.

Overall, I have found ABD excellent to work with.

The SoCal/DL ABD (long version) is awesome. We went on that ABD a few years ago and have a reservation to go again in October.

You ask a great question about when to book - my question before rebooking would be what will the ABD experience be? I am hoping details are provided before these start again to manage expectations (if there are significant changes and safety measures).

We live near WDW and there are all type of rumors about what the experiences will be when the parks/hotels/restaurants open. Some of the rumors open up a ton of questions. As an example - one rumor is minimal food or even pre-packaged box meals - hopefully that is not a replacement for Steakhouse 55. Another example is testing - what if someone in your party is tested on day 3 and has a fever - and ABD decides you cant participate further. Another rumor is that not all attractions will be open (some are always down but imagine half the park - or one of the two parks in DL is closed.

Considering the premium cost of the ABD, I would want to know before I either rebook or book a new ABD.

I am confident ADB will and should put safety first -

Last edited:
The SoCal/DL ABD (long version) is awesome. We went on that ABD a few years ago and have a reservation to go again in October.

You ask a great question about when to book - my question before rebooking would be what will the ABD experience be? I am hoping details are provided before these start again to manage expectations (if there are significant changes and safety measures).

We live near WDW and there are all type of rumors about what the experiences will be when the parks/hotels/restaurants open. Some of the rumors open up a ton of questions. As an example - one rumor is minimal food or even pre-packaged box meals - hopefully that is not a replacement for Steakhouse 55. Another example is testing - what if someone in your party is tested on day 3 and has a fever - and ABD decides you cant participate further. Another rumor is that not all attractions will be open (some are always down but imagine half the park - or one of the two parks in DL is closed.

Considering the premium cost of the ABD, I would want to know before I either rebook or book a new ABD.

I am confident ADB will and should put safety first -

I think thats a perfectly legitimate concern. I have not been to California at all, so for me even a pretty restrictive experience would probably be worth it. And in fact I booked through ABD so I could guarantee (as much as possible) being able to get into the Park, go on plenty of attractions ect.

Of course if the experience is too restrictive or rules overly burdensome I might reconsider. I figure hopefully by November, policies will have been implemented and polished. Whatever happens, it will sure be an interesting day on the internet when we finally hear!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter