Wheelchair use at resorts

Maryrachel713

Mouseketeer
My mom is headed down for a resort-only stay at Copper Creek in three weeks. She is temporarily disabled (run over by a car) and using a wheelchair. She's starting to practice walking and doesn't want to have to use her wheelchair all the time but she definitely can't go to another resort without the wheelchair. Can she leave her wheelchair somewhere at a resort? The plan is to use only the boat (to MK) and then the monorail and spend her time at Poly, Grand Flo and Wilderness.

Does anyone know if you can do that? Any other tips appreciated too; this is all new territory!

Is she traveling alone? Perhaps a rollator might work better at that stage.

Second thought, is she flying? Don't forget wheelchair help at airport.

Last edited:
She could alway check it at the bell stand at the hotel she’s visiting, if she doesn’t want to just push it while not using it (many temporary use wheelchairs really aren't designed for much self-propelling.

A small tip would be appropriate if using bell services.

Last edited:
Is she traveling alone? Perhaps a rollator might work better at that stage.

Second thought, is she flying? Don't forget wheelchair help at airport.
No, she'll have someone with her.
She could alway check it at the bellstand at the hotel she’s visiting, if dhe doedt want to just push it while not using it (many tempirary usr wheelchairs really arent designed for much srlf-propelling.

A small tip would be appropriate if using bell services.
Ok, good, thats what I was hoping. I'll let her know she can leave it there and just tip. I think she'll need it to get from Wilderness to Grand Flo but then may want to just walk around a bit.

To get from the WL to the GF, she will need to take the boat or a bus to the MK. Once at the MK, she could take a boat, walk, take the resort monorail, or ferry to the TCC (and then walk through the Poly to get to the GF.

To get from the WL to the GF, she will need to take the boat or a bus to the MK. Once at the MK, she could take a boat, walk, take the resort monorail, or ferry to the TCC (and then walk through the Poly to get to the GF.
We’re planning on the boat. Seems much easier to get on and off (and more pleasant!)

We’re planning on the boat. Seems much easier to get on and off (and more pleasant!)
Be aware sometimes the boats are accessible and sometimes they aren’t so you could end up waiting for a boat you can’t even board.

When I was at WL they were running 1:1 when we just missed the accessible boat it was a long wait for the boat to return, switched to the bus after that. For Poly/GF/CR the accessible transport if they don’t have an accessible boat running is the monorail.

Be aware sometimes the boats are accessible and sometimes they aren’t so you could end up waiting for a boat you can’t even board.

When I was at WL they were running 1:1 when we just missed the accessible boat it was a long wait for the boat to return, switched to the bus after that. For Poly/GF/CR the accessible transport if they don’t have an accessible boat running is the monorail.
What does accessible mean? She has no issue transferring and can walk a short distance. Her wheelchair also folds.

What does accessible mean? She has no issue transferring and can walk a short distance. Her wheelchair also folds.
Accessible means you don’t have to fold the wc. The wc or ECV can be rolled/driven aboard and secured on the transport device. Since she can fold it up you might be ok on the non-accessible boats, unfortunately I don’t know for sure as I travel with an ECV user.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter