Wheelchair elevated leg

numberonenole

Mouseketeer
I need to use a wheelchair on our trip and I will need to sometimes elevate my ankle. Do I need to make sure the chair has an elevated leg rest? I'm not sure what that option means. Do the legs not usually go up? Thanks!

There is a difference between the standard foot rests that most wheelchairs have and elevating leg rests. The standard foot rest is a plate that you set your foot on with your knees bent. Generally you have one foot rest for each leg. An elevating leg rest has a foot plate but also supports the back of the calf and can be raised so the leg and foot are held out straight in the front of you. If that is what you need, then you have to confirm with your provider that the chair you are getting has that specific feature.

I need to use a wheelchair on our trip and I will need to sometimes elevate my ankle. Do I need to make sure the chair has an elevated leg rest? I'm not sure what that option means. Do the legs not usually go up? Thanks!

Yes. And this is what they look like (notice the leg support pad):48581DBE-D9FB-4331-9917-89A29F72E448.jpeg

and they can still come off if not needed and they’re usually attached to a post while still being able to swing away: 63E9138C-05A5-4E82-9157-F8B772F9BA35.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter