Wheelchair and ECV Viewing Locations for nightly fireworks programs & shows

DJ!

Mouseketeer
I have not been to WDW in about 4 years. So much has changed. I used to know where to be for good views of Wishes, but with the hub changes, I am lost. I have not seen the fireworks at DHS ever and of course with AK's RoL being new, I am at a loss at both of those parks. Epcot is not as important to me, not that I don't love Illuminations, but I can take it or leave it during this trip.

So, what can you tell me? TIA

For ROL you'll need a FP or dinning package. Even in an ECV/wheelchair standby is not guarenteed a spot.

For DHS I believe there is a wheelchair/ecv area but that may only be for the dessert party. If there is one it is about middle of the pack. The CMs are pretty good at showing you to a good spot.

MK I don't think they have the viewing areas any more. Best spot will be the grassy knoll across from the dessert party viewing one. It is in front of Crystal Palace. You can also get a FP for wishes and the parade.

Honestly, I haven't found a spot I like with all of the Hub changes at MK, and we tend to do a dessert party for our MK nights. Best advice is roll up around 45 to 60 minutes early, and ask a CM.

For ROL, we are going late next month on an FP, and there should be a trip report by the end of April. (There are several folks from this board who are going to ROL on FP at about the same time next month, so we should have some good solid intel from several points of view)

At DHS, they keep moving the viewing area because they keep changing the dessert party viewing spot. We've had 3 different locations in the last 18 months, so I would say to get there as early as you can, and ask a CM. Again, we tend to do the dessert party here.

We haven't stayed for Illuminations at Epcot for years, so I have no idea where that parking is these days, although I keep saying we are going to stay for Illuminations every trip... LOL we never do.

Don't forget the biggest change you will probably notice at each Park - bag check and security at the entrance to each Park. And HS is (at the moment) a much smaller place than it was before, and Star Wars Launch Bay has taken over the former Animation Building.

And biggest change of all: Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney). It's easily twice as big as the last time you visited. We love it, and spend as much time there as we do at the Parks now.

If you go to the Disney site for Guests with Disabilities (link below) and scroll to the bottom, they have .pdf files of the current park map and guide. They usually show the general location of viewing areas.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/guests-with-disabilities/

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I'm doing desert parties for Wishes and Star Wars fireworks, and a FP+ for the ROL show. I may do a desert party for Illuminations, but they haven't released the schedule yet through the end of April.

Oh wow! I had not expected these responses, but I am glad to have them. Thank you all.

I guess we are at the mercy of the CM's and FP+ availability on this one. We will not have a ROL dinner package. The dining options for this don't appeal that much to either of us, so we are going to "wing it". I am not a huge fan of the fireworks dessert parties. They are ok, but are not really my thing and when explained, it didn't appeal to her much either. We are skipping Illuminations, because my wife really wants to see the Electric Water Parade instead....her choice, being that this is her birthday trip and she knows what both things are and finds the old fashioned charm of the Electric Water Parade to be a must do every trip.

This is a super short trip for us. I have worked out the best possible touring plans in advance of our stay and have my fingers crossed that things will go well, given the crowd predictions. I usually would not hop much on a trip this short, but in order to get everything in, I have felt it necessary to do so.

Have you seen @Robo map they are really good you can find them here https://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-maps-by-robo.3545729/#post-56460944

I have 2 suggestion for your MK day

1 find a spot in front of the fence infant of the castle about an hour maybe more before hand. go get some thing to eat ( maybe have a lat dinner and relax. There is also a castle projection show before hand that you can see,

or

2 watch wishes from behind the castle and marry go round. if you do this you will have an almost 360 view of them and this is very cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter