Wheelchair and a stroller at mealtimes? Are there any suggestions?

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
DS is 13 and is in a wheelchair/stroller (Convaid Cruiser) we have never had a problem with it in any Disney restaurants. What we have done in the past is let them know about it when we made the reservations. Well, when we return to Disney on our next trip in December we will have DS in his Convaid and a new little one in a stroller (5 months). How much trouble is this going to cause us? Has anyone ever had to do this. I know that when we just have the Convaid ey move a chair but sometimes it gets a little "Squishy" and the wait staff has to sort of scoot around us. Any suggestions?? Any restaurants we should definitly skip for lack of room?? Thank you in advance.

Congratulations on the little one who will be arriving in time to go with you to Florida.:bounce:
I don't have any real good advice (since we only deal with one wheelchair), other than trying to eat at non-traditional times. On our last trip, we had PS at the Crystal Palace for near the end of the lunch seating period. There were less people, so there was more room. We've done that at the counter service restaurnats too and found it helped a lot.

I would suggest mentioning this when you check-in at the restaurant. Just advise them you will need some "extra space" around your table. I would think they can accommodate you.

Some restaurants, like Crystal Palace, Alfredo's, and Le Cellier can get a little cramped -- especially when the tables are packed together. But Disney is usually very good at accommodating guest's needs.

When you make your PS s don't forget to count the baby. This gives the first heads up that seating for four will be needed. I didn't understand this at first but a CM pointed in out to me they would need to have room for the baby to either stay in a small stroller or if the baby is in an infant seat a place to rest it. We had my ECV and three children under three last trip( two strollers). We ate all together at Fulton's, Donald's, Crystal palace, and Mama Melrose's without a problem.
Congrats on the new little one and best wishes for a wonderful trip. PD too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter