What's your Holiday stress buster ?

castmemberb4

DIS Veteran
How else do you reduce Holiday stress???
We've talked about parking spaces and the stress or lack there of in finding one.
As for me I order as much as I can from Amazon, I like finding items in the Black Friday sales papers then searching for a better deal on Amazon. I do the same thing with many of the Holiday catalogs. This year for the first time ever I'm only sending ecards. In the past I've done both, a real card then a sort of newsletter by email. It's short as we don't have kids and our cats don't have a lot going on. I buy matching paper, bows, tissue, bags, and name tags on Dec 26 store it all together and set up a wrapping station when the girfts start to arrive from Amazon.
Lastly My Birthday is Dec 10 so DH takes me to a different city for a weekend of Christmas festivities. This year is my 50th and we're actually doing 10 days at the Polynesian !!!!!!:cool1: We've never done more than a weekend get away.
What's your stress buster !?!?

Peppermimt schnapps in my hot chocolate.

Not biting off more than I can chew.

Taking things one day at a time.

I am really trying not to over commit to things - reminding myself it is ok to say no and decline invitations.

I have started to make a list:. My relative is coming Christmas day and leaving after the first of the year. Did I mention I can't stand holidays nor house guests?she came a few months ago after I said not to. So I am embracing the d craziness that happens: ear plugsq, air horn or rockem sockem rrobots so she and my mom can have another outlet to argue. Vodka because I want to be sedated at every opportunity.

I have started to make a list:. My relative is coming Christmas day and leaving after the first of the year. Did I mention I can't stand holidays nor house guests?she came a few months ago after I said not to. So I am embracing the d craziness that happens: ear plugsq, air horn or rockem sockem rrobots so she and my mom can have another outlet to argue. Vodka because I want to be sedated at every opportunity.

Do you live near me ? You can come over here for a reprieve.

I try to go to Christmas festivals and other events that I personally enjoy. I also like looking at nice Christmas lights.

The wine idea is good too though. I've been thinking of heading to the liquor store for something special...

two things, gym (sweating just makes you feel good) and Vicodin (it also makes you feel good) :rotfl:

Do you live near me ? You can come over here for a reprieve.

Aww,thanks. Actually my relative was going to come in a few months and give me respite for taking care of my mom who gets out of rehab soon,but she changed her min about either people like my mom or used to be my exdh ruin it or stuff happens car accidents where other people hit my car my dog got loose and got killed, so holidays I get really anxious wait ing to see what is going to happen. Usually when my relative(who I do love) is here I go on vacation. A few months ago she came up during a crisis that I would have rather be alone for because I didn't want to feel I had to support her. She caled and said she was at the airport she didn't have money to stay at a hotel,asked me for money before she left which I then didn't have to give ,she isn't good health wise so we ended up in the er 3 floors above where my mom was. She ended up staying 1 extra day because her flight was canceled. I have this vision of before she will leave a freak snow event will happen and she will have to stay longer lol.

going to the movies is a huge stress buster. I am really considering not doing cards this year. I would love to get a smaller tree, but not sure if the family will go for that one.

Paying attention to the caller I. D. and NOT answering when my SiL's call! :thumbsup2

This year I have been trying to change my procrastination behavior. I have been just getting things done rather than putting them off. That makes me feel better. I also have made sure to schedule a lot of down time this year for fun stuff. No more running around at the last minute this year. I am trying my best not to do that. Will I succeed? I don't know but I am going to try.

For immediate relaxation- I read. I love to read and it makes me relax.

I like to drink...wine or maybe a cocktail. I also don't do anything I don't want to do.

I'm a pretty low-stress guy, honestly. For my wife, getting a massage from me or one of my special milkshakes (with a ridiculous squeeze of Hershey's and about 6 shots of Kahlua).:thumbsup2

I spend alot of time with my friend Captain Morgan :rotfl2:

Just kidding. I like to do Holiday craft projects when I get a little stressed out.

Lots of Bass Ale at the Rose & Crown and a designated driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter