What's your Holiday stress buster ?

I crochet or knit. It's so repetitive and it takes my mind off whatever I'm stressed over. Then I give whatever I make to charity, so that makes me feel good. :goodvibes

Hot bubble bath,
read a book out on the patio (we still have warm weather here),
walk,
watch Christmas movies while in bed,
cup of hot chocolate,
pineapple juice w/malibu rum

In this order:

Say no to parties I REALLY HAVE ZERO INTEREST IN. I really don't like small talk; especially when I know I could be spending that time with my kids instead. I know I am going to get flamed but I don't need 6 pounds of cookies from a cookie exchange and I don't care about hearing how someone's Aunt Thelma spent her Thanksgiving.

Exercise- especially running

My SIL and I have what we call "Mama's Little Helper." It is a shot (just one) of Jack Daniels Honey infused whiskey. It doesn't burn and just takes the edge off!!

I'm a pretty low-stress guy, honestly. For my wife, getting a massage from me or one of my special milkshakes (with a ridiculous squeeze of Hershey's and about 6 shots of Kahlua).:thumbsup2

Can you bring me one of those milkshakes?

I have no idea how I am going to get through the holiday. I am in my second to last semester of my MBA and my mom is going through chemo. She wants to go up to Indiana for Christmas if the doctor okays it... which means I have to figure out how to set up oxygen, how to carry enough oxygen for a 7-8 hour drive, how I am going to survive a 7-8 hour drive, make sure we know where to go if she gets sick, rent a vehicle (ours are too small)... god, I don't know what else.

Can someone come shoot me with a tranq dart?

Can you bring me one of those milkshakes?

I have no idea how I am going to get through the holiday. I am in my second to last semester of my MBA and my mom is going through chemo. She wants to go up to Indiana for Christmas if the doctor okays it... which means I have to figure out how to set up oxygen, how to carry enough oxygen for a 7-8 hour drive, how I am going to survive a 7-8 hour drive, make sure we know where to go if she gets sick, rent a vehicle (ours are too small)... god, I don't know what else.

Can someone come shoot me with a tranq dart?

I understand your anxiety; my mom has a degenerative disease and traveling with her has not been easy. Wheelchair access, handicap shower, throat closing issues...etc... I can feel myself getting uptight sometimes when I am simply going to her house. I take a deep breath and I think I have been given one more day to spend with her and love her up! We do the best we can and have actually laughed when I put her in the car and tell her lift up that (blank) momma so I can get you in. We laugh instead of cry! I will pray for grace and mercy for you and your mom on this trip. I think it will be sweet moments for you. ;)

We no longer buy gifts. Our sons still live at home at 25 and 27. Everything we all need we get as the year goes on. For the last 8 or so years we don't buy gifts. Our families are small and scattered. Mailing back and forth seemed so wasteful so we all decided to quit.

We now give each other time. We bake cookies together and plan a Christmas eve appetizer and cookie movie night when we watch The Muppets Christmas Carol. Love that movie.

It is fun to go out and look at all the decoration and buy a new ornament or two. I also send our new nephew a couple new Hallmark ornaments for Christmas and will keep this up till he finishes school. I have done this for all my neices and nephews and now each has a nice collection of ornaments bought just for them.

I plan, I organize, I hire a cleaning service to come every two weeks as a gift to myself, I shop online as much as possible and I my kids do 95% of the wrapping when they are home for Christmas break.

I also love to cook and spend a significant amount of time making cookies, candies, cake balls and what not. DH loves to give away trays of homemade goodies so he is a huge help with the clean up and then delivery.

We don't have to travel out of town b/c our families living within a 30 minute drive and that helps A LOT. We will spend the day together, but not days on end... We also have a holiday "schedule" worked out so each extended family knows in advance when we are available and when we are not. I LOVE it, saves tons of hurt feelings and pressure to visit multiple houses in 1 day.

Remembering the reason for the season, according to my belief system.

Driving around looking at Christmas lights with some nice Christmas music on the radio, & drinking hot chocolate with my 2 darlings (cousin's children) in the car.

Simplifying gift giving. No longer do I go insane shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter