Whats your favorite bar on Castaway Cay?

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
Daughter wants to check out scuttles cove for about an hour on our next trip so mom and dad will look for our first Konk Kooler

Serenity Bay, because I prefer that side of the island. But, it does take a little time to get to. So on the family side I would recommend the Heads Up bar, because it's out on a little peninsula you get a nice breeze. If you have a preferred bartender on the ship, you might ask them where they're working on that day.

We always spend the afternoon at the Heads Up Bar. There is usually music playing and you have a great view. It never seems to be too crowded either.

Serenity Bay for us, no kids, relatively short lines and in the afternoon had live music. Winner winner all day.
I like the idea but we will have a kid and she only wants to "try out" scuttle's cove so I imagine we only have an hour or so. If she likes it maybe we'll make the walk and try it out.

Another vote for the Heads Up Bar. Really nice view.

Wow...thats alot bigger than I expected. Thanks!

For the record, I HATE castaway cay the last day of the cruise. The eastern itenerary on the fantasy would be so much better if it went

1 - Port Canaveral
2 - Castaway Cay
3 - Sea Day
4 - St Thomas
5 - St Maerteen
6 - Sea Day
7 - Sea Day

For us, the best part of a back to back, 2 stops at Castaway. :) It really is a magical place. We tried to be the last ones off the island on Saturday and it was spectacular. While it is hard that it denotes the last day, it is perfect closure.

For reference, Conched Out also from Saturday. Not quite the same view, but equally nice. A couple trips we've been caught in a storm and spent time hiding under the awnings at Conched Out.

I like the idea but we will have a kid and she only wants to "try out" scuttle's cove so I imagine we only have an hour or so. If she likes it maybe we'll make the walk and try it out.

Take the tram out to Serenity Bay. If you time it right, that'll save you some time =)

You could also rent some bikes if you wanted to make it out to serenity bay and back quickly. The bikes are cheap and even though they say it's an hour rental really you have them for as long as you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter