What's your earliest Disney memory?

Melpuff

Mrs. Walt Disney
I was 6 and come to think of it, I think I actually remember Illuminations. It sounds crazy but I'm pretty sure I remember thinking "this is the most amazing thing I have ever seen" or something along those lines. I think that should have been a given sign of my Disney mania to come in the future. :scared1: That's the earliest I can think of it least that ISN'T on a video camera for me to remember.

I was 6 and come to think of it, I think I actually remember Illuminations. It sounds crazy but I'm pretty sure I remember thinking "this is the most amazing thing I have ever seen" or something along those lines. I think that should have been a given sign of my Disney mania to come in the future. :scared1: That's the earliest I can think of it least that ISN'T on a video camera for me to remember.

I was born in 1954 so I am an "original Mouseketeer" I remember watching the Original MM Club & The Wonderful World of Disney. (Sunday nights we traditionally ate tuna salad on rolls and anticipated the show!) I also remember my Dad telling me to "get those damn ears off at the dinner table:rotfl:" When I was 10 I remember the Disney exhibit at the NY State Worlds Fair. WDW opened when I was in 11th grade and as the oldest of 5 kids we couldn't afford that! Believe me as soon as I could go I went and took my kids too...now I live very close (FINALLY!)

I remember my first trip to the MK with my family (mom, dad, and 4 brothers) in 1977. I think the first real visual memory is that of a little alcove on main street that had a white bench with lots of flowers. It was a great spot to take pictures, and we did so. I just remember how pretty I thought all the flowers were. That same trip, I also remember our favorite part of the parade was Tigger! He was so much fun, and we just yelled out "TIGGER"! He came over to us and bounced around a little bit! Good times!

My earlist memories was when I was 15 and my mother took me to DL for the first time in my life that I had ever seen or been to a Disney park. I was thunder struck when I walk onto main street. I have never forgotten that time and I have been in love with the mouse from that day foreward.

I was 4. I don't remember a ton of the details from that trip, but I do remember seeing the castle for the first time. My mom told me that I just stood there with my mouth open for awhile. I haven't lost that feeling since then, and I don't think I ever will. I look forward to sharing that moment with my child someday!

I remember waiting in line to ride dumbo and the line was like a mile long and my uncle was comlaining that we were going to wait in line for 2 hours to ride a bunch of elephants :lmao:.

I was 4 or 5 the first time I went, and I mostly remember little things about Dixie Landings (now Riverside), where we stayed. Specifically, I remember walking back to the room and being on a Disney bus going back there at night from the Magic Kingdom. I don't remember much from the parks though, but I do remember how at the beginning of the trip I was terrified of the characters. Luckily I quickly got over that fear, and I've been in love with the park ever since!

My first trip was in 1977 and I was 5...I mostly remember being in awe by staying at the Contemporary.

I was 11 years old and accompanied my dad on a trip to Cape Canaveral for work. He took me out of school for a few days, and I was supposed to do a book report when I returned about my trip.

My dad gave me a choice on his last day (his day off) to tour the Cape or go to this new place that had just opened the week before called Disney World. It was October 11, 1971.

I remember vividly riding the monorail and this really popular song kept playing everywhere we went - it was a song called "Tell Me Have You Seen Her?"

I remember the CR from the monorail, being scared to death of going in Haunted Mansion, and almost fainted when the snake popped out at the Jungle Cruise.:scared1:

I also remember a big string of caution tape at the entrance to Tomorrow Land; it still wasn't finished yet.

I went for the first and only time as a child at the age of 9 or 10. We were not a family that got to travel,go to the movies, or even go out to eat-it was a monthly treat that we got to go to McDonald's. To get to go out of state-to Florida-and be in WDW-well that was like we died and went to heaven.

We didn't stay onsite, but I remember thinking of how awesome it would be if we could-I thought that was only for really rich people :rotfl:

I so remember the heat-it was summer-and what I thought were some horrible lines, but that didn't stop me from falling in love with it. My Grandfather and I were so amazed with Carousel of Progress that we waited again in line for it-a theater that moved-WOW!

And I remember that I had my very first experience with pita pockets! In Tomorrow Land-we ate pita pockets with tuna or chicken salad in them-that was exotic food for my family :lmao: (Mom's food was/is what you find at 50's Primetime and what I grew up eating).

I remember crying when I watched MSEP-it was so beautiful to me-I'm really happy I'll get to see it again soon :goodvibes

Epcot was fairly new and I collected these really neat brochures that folded out-I wish I still had those. I remember the fountains at Epcot-the jumping water still amazes me. But I also remember that for me Epcot was the grown up Disney and wishing we could go back to the Magic Kingdom. I love Epcot now, but MK is still where my heart is.

Thank you for the invitation down memory lane :goodvibes-I'll be back there in 6 days to build some new memories :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter