What's your "dream" rig?

Shan-man

¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH
Here's my dream rig, that is to say, this is the rig I hope to actually own one day.

01.jpg
2003FleetwoodSouthwind35R.jpg

A 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 35R, with a Tandem Tow dolly hauling a cart and a RAV (or Highlander, or Forrester). The 35R is just a two-slider, but they are great slides. The Living room slide is large, and the bedroom slide includes the wardrobe and makes for a nice large dressing area in the bedroom. There is a Pace Arrow with almost the identical floorplan. We will probably buy the dinghy in the next six months. The $3500 dolly is probably a little further up the road. And the cart sometime after that. And if things go real well we will be into this or a similar RV in maybe 8 years(?). The 2003 currently re-sales for about $55,000, which is way beyond our means for now, but with 8 more year's of depreciation it might be do-able.

Sure, I dream about a Marathon quad-slide with a $70,000 enclosed trailer with a Masseratti and a pair of Ducatti inside, too. But the former dream is a dreamy goal, the latter is pure pie-in-the-sky. What kind of rig do you dream about having?

A 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom toy hauler Class A pulling a Cadillac Escalade in an enclosed trailor would be nice. All in Pearl color.

Whenever our house is paid off in three yrs. we have talked about getting some type of toy hauler, we just love them and really want one! Haven't exactly picked the one I want yet, but it's fun dreaming.

Whoa Scott!! That's some serious camping! You could sell the house, and live in it!! :thumbsup2

Someday I would like to upgrade our Fiver Toyhauler, and get a bigger one with slides. I love being able to pull the cart right in it. I see we'll need a bigger one in a few years when the kids get bigger.

This would be my dream rig:

Newell_2000i_09.jpg

The Newell Coaches are sweet! Never have one in my lifetime, but sweet! There's a couple of snowbirds on the 1800 loop who have a beautiful Newell with an H1 Hummer as a dinghy and two great danes! They must be from Texas... everything they have is BIG! :goodvibes

(edit: actually, now that I think about it, last winter they had some low slung sports car instead of the Hummer... so much for the BIG theme!)

The Newell Coaches are sweet! Never have one in my lifetime, but sweet! There's a couple of snowbirds on the 1800 loop who have a beautiful Newell with an H1 Hummer as a dinghy and two great danes! They must be from Texas... everything they have is BIG! :goodvibes

(edit: actually, now that I think about it, last winter they had some low slung sports car instead of the Hummer... so much for the BIG theme!)

They spend quite a bit of time at the Fort, maybe just the winter. They had a copper Corvette the last time we saw them. The danes are Bart and Judy, my kids love them.

To be able to trade my 96 29' Four Winds Class C (no slides) for a 30' TT with the extra bedroom slide (I've seen it at RV shows) and a great truck to pull it! Plus dish/satellite and a couple of HDTVs.

Our Class C is paid off, so maybe someday....

Prevost with full outdoor grilling/entertainment center :cool1:

they only have 2 slides, why not 4 :confused3

We seen those little pups in Jan. We were eyeball to eyeball passing by on our buggy.

They actually have a prevost with 4 slides now, Marathon Coach converts them

I could never see us in something like a Prevost since my name is not Jones and I fell behind decades ago. :lmao: :goodvibes :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

The trailer we have now, they will bury us in if they can find a plot large enough. :rotfl:

Larry

We were right across from them when we were there in Feb/March. I liked the corvette, coach in matching colors, Way Cool. Those stupids dogs drooled on Matt one morning on the way to the Parks, his hair was nasty till we washed it in a sink. They were walking down the middle of the road with those 2 "horses" and we slowed down to let them pass, and one came over and drooled on Ericas leg, and Matt's head.... YUCK.:scared1:

My dream rig would be small and easy to drive (~21 feet), get 18+MPG, have a reliable engine/drive train and a few luxury appointments inside. I'd like a dining table w/ wrap around windows in the back, a walk around queen bed with real mattress, efficient bathroom with natural lighting and tub, seatbelts for 4-6, internet from anywhere in the Americas, integrated GPS, etc.

I have most of these things in our "new to us" LeSharo with Chrysler V6 conversion. Someday perhaps we'll find the walk around queen bed, natural lighting in the bathroom and the tub.

My dream rig would be small and easy to drive (~21 feet), get 18+MPG, have a reliable engine/drive train and a few luxury appointments inside. I'd like a dining table w/ wrap around windows in the back, a walk around queen bed with real mattress, efficient bathroom with natural lighting and tub, seatbelts for 4-6, internet from anywhere in the Americas, integrated GPS, etc.

I have most of these things in our "new to us" LeSharo with Chrysler V6 conversion. Someday perhaps we'll find the walk around queen bed, natural lighting in the bathroom and the tub.

Wow, you don't ask much in your 21 feet! I agree with pretty much everything you want, I just think it's going to take a 32-35 footer to get it all in. The two things I dislike most about our 28'er is the inadequate bed (clipped-corner full) and the microscopic shower (for a 6' 2" 300+ lb guy, anyhow). I'm hoping to be able to upgrade an a few years to probably a late '90s 32' A with walk-around queen (Sleep-Number would be ideal), a decent sized shower, and leveling jacks. That seems a reasonable stepping stone between our 'starter motorhome' and my 'dream'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter