What's Your Disneyworld Pet Peeve?

The dining plan. It has ruined dining at disney.

At counter service places when people sit at a table before they have their food , then people with trays of food are stuck wandering around.

This is exactly why we always find a table first. If you can't beat me, join me!

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more annoying...

There are many reasons why people feel the way that I do about breastfeeding in public. My personal reason probably isn't even one you've thought of so don't paint me with wide brush.

I am unable to have children and up until the past couple of years (when I hit forty and finally gave up trying) the sight of a woman breastfeeding (especially a full-on uncovered view) gave me a physical ache inside and was almost enough to send me into a crying jag. It was certainly enough to put me in a down mood for the rest of the day. Add in the joys of fertility hormone therapies and that increases tenfold.

As I said, there are many reasons why people don't want to see someone breastfeed, there is mine, and it's deeply personal and deeply hurtful.

I'm sorry that you feel that my wanting breastfeeding women to be a little more discrete in public is "annoying".

You know we all have at least one, or more. So, what's yours?

Mine is foreign people (people from other countries, nationalities, whatever is the politically correct way of saying it ;)) not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to. Carousel of Progress has always been my favorite Disney attraction, and this time I took my adult DD with me who had never been to Disney before so it was her first time to experience this attraction.

We had a family (4 adults/3 children) speaking Spanish the entire time directly behind us. :( They were not quiet about it either. Everyone else was being quiet, except for a child now and then but that is to be expected.

Now, I don't know if they could not speak English, but please...if you don't understand the English language and you still go into an attraction where people would want to be listening to it, please for the love of all that's holy...shut up!!! :)

I would have gotten up and moved to another seat in my row.. I have never ridden COP when it was full.

Dr Pepper is independent. We get it here in Texas whether the restaurant has Coke or Pepsi. So, I wait and hope.

lol that made for an interesting Wikipedia adventure! looks like it's now part of the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group

I would definitely love some other diet soda choices rather than cola- ginger ale, root beer, grape... anything other than Coke lol

I'm going to go with the Dining plan. Back in the hey day we had some fabulous meals at Disney. We actually looked forward to the fine dining. We planned some of our vacations totally around the restaurant meals. Now I'm happy to get edible and I'm usually happier with the chicken and hamburger counter service meals than what comes out of the kitchens of some of those places with table clothes. I've been served plates from places like Coral Reef that Denny's would be ashamed to send out.

Add in the Disney transportation system. I actually paid for a cab a couple of times last trip because I just could not STAND the thought of a Disney bus. I don't say that lightly either, I can be a real Cheapskate. ;)

People who complain about things that don't really matter.... Or what my DH likes to call "first world problems". I count my blessings everyday.. I have a beautiful family, we have a home, can bring my family on vacation and I'm slowly winning my battle against cancer. I find it sad when people don't take the time to see the beauty around them and appreciate the time they have with their loved ones! I think the key is to respect one another and appreciate what we have :).

:thumbsup2 I wish you all the best! My friend is battling breast cancer, and she is such an inspiration to me.

I love WDW, but I am not sure if I will like FP+. I have read many of the threads on here and I just don't know.

Okay, it seems everyone is bothered by my own personal pet peeve of rides speaking in both English in Spanish. I'm allowed my own opinion by the way, and yes, it bothers me!

Yes, I know there are a LOT of Spanish-speaking visitors. So what. There are many visitors that speak Japanese, Russian, and French. The rides don't translate in those languages.

If I go to another country, no, I do not expect anyone to speak English to me (or have signs in English). If I decide to go to another country, it is my understanding that I'm in their country and should learn the language. I don't care if people from other countries visit Disney World or anywhere else in the US, my issue isn't with the people that may or may not speak English.

Just my opinion. Everyone has one.

Dr Pepper is independent. We get it here in Texas whether the restaurant has Coke or Pepsi. So, I wait and hope.

In the US, Dr. Pepper has an exclusive bottling deal with Pepsi, so you'll often see them with as part of the same promotions and sales as Pepsi products. For fountain distribution, there's non-exclusive deals with Coke and Pepsi. So that's why McDonald's (exclusively Coke products for years) now serves Dr. Pepper.

Coca-Cola has the rights to bottle/can Dr. Pepper outside of the US. Not sure about fountain products.

When people don't "fill in all the available space!"
Smokers that throw their cigarette butts wherever they feel.

Okay, it seems everyone is bothered by my own personal pet peeve of rides speaking in both English in Spanish. I'm allowed my own opinion by the way, and yes, it bothers me!

Yes, I know there are a LOT of Spanish-speaking visitors. So what. There are many visitors that speak Japanese, Russian, and French. The rides don't translate in those languages.

If I go to another country, no, I do not expect anyone to speak English to me (or have signs in English). If I decide to go to another country, it is my understanding that I'm in their country and should learn the language. I don't care if people from other countries visit Disney World or anywhere else in the US, my issue isn't with the people that may or may not speak English.

Just my opinion. Everyone has one.

So you think that when people go to a different country, they should learn the language first? Really?

My take on the use of both English and Spanish directions on attractions is that WDW uses the 2 languages that are most used by visitors. The company wants the majority of visitors to be able to understand how to get around, rules in attractions, directions to attractions, etc. it is a courtesy and makes peoples trips easier and more enjoyable.

In the US, Dr. Pepper has an exclusive bottling deal with Pepsi, so you'll often see them with as part of the same promotions and sales as Pepsi products. For fountain distribution, there's non-exclusive deals with Coke and Pepsi. So that's why McDonald's (exclusively Coke products for years) now serves Dr. Pepper.

Coca-Cola has the rights to bottle/can Dr. Pepper outside of the US. Not sure about fountain products.

I know this is from Wikipedia, but I'm pretty sure that both Pepsi and Coke distribute Dr. pepper in different parts of the country.

"In the United States, Dr Pepper Snapple Group does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% were produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of Dr Pepper/Seven Up premerger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group. Currently, the majority of Pepsi and Coke bottlers bottling Dr Pepper are owned by PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Company after their buyouts of their major bottlers.
Presently, Dr Pepper Snapple relies on its own bottling group to bottle and distribute its products in more than 30 states. Coca-Cola and Pepsi have essentially stopped bottling and distributing CSAB products in favor of in-house alternatives, although regional exceptions can be found.[28]"

My biggest pet peeve is people who do not watch their kids.....and could care less when their kids misbehave and disrupt others :(

My pet peeve is people who cut in line on buses, push and shove to get on in front of others.

Maybe there are more Spanish speaking visitors than any other and that's why they do it?

WDW is a business. If they decided to include Spanish to their rides is because it makes good business sense. It obviously works for them.

For those complaining about adults who scream on rides on scared when should not be I can teach your kids new words instead

Let me try to explain this a bit for you. The person wasn't complaining about people screaming out of fear, even if the ride wasn't all that scary. The person was complaining about people (usually teenagers, and more especially teenage girls) who go on the ride, knowing exactly what the ride is about, but still screaming at the top of their lungs through the whole ride, not from fear but just because they feel like it. It is very annoying to those around them.

As for teaching children new words- I really hope you don't mean what I think you mean.

Let me try to explain this a bit for you. The person wasn't complaining about people screaming out of fear, even if the ride wasn't all that scary. The person was complaining about people (usually teenagers, and more especially teenage girls) who go on the ride, knowing exactly what the ride is about, but still screaming at the top of their lungs through the whole ride, not from fear but just because they feel like it. It is very annoying to those around them.

As for teaching children new words- I really hope you don't mean what I think you mean.

Thank you Minnie mom

The walkways at Animal Kingdom. Who designed that? We're they intentionally trying to force us to be herded like a bunch of animals down those narrow pathways? And for the love of all, people that stop on a dime in the middle of the walkway to look at their map are my biggest pet peeve. It really ruins my day to nose plant myself in the small of someone's back. Move to the side people!

Lately, my biggest peeve has been not being allowed to take part in FP+ since we're staying offsite. Hopefully that is just a temporary peeve though.

Otherwise, I dislike people who push through crowds (like they're getting anywhere faster by doing that) and parents who make no attempt to control out-of-control kids.

We have been to Disney once and I loved all moments except having to carry a two year Old on the bus and trying to keep balanced. Looking at people who could hold one of there kids on there knees to make more room for others. But I guess I could have waited for the next one.

I was the one who posted this pet peeve and yes, minnie mum, you are exactly right about what I was trying to say.

It is specifically on rides that younger kids are a bit frightened of that this drives me nuts. It took us SO long to get DS to be brave enough to try HM and then people just started screaming as loud as possible and then laughing hysterically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter