What's your current DVC Pool Love Bug sitch?

MinnieGirl33

DIS Veteran
Currently staying at Poly... lovebugs are really making pool time unbearable. Wondering if by chance any other hoppable pools are more manageable/less affected?

We were at SSR a week ago, they were there but not bad, BWV was unbearable.

If I remember from these boards from previous years, in the month of May love bugs are abundant? What other months? Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Have never been in September, only October and have not seen love bugs. Thanks for the heads up, will be there mid September. :goodvibes
We have gone to WDW the past five years in May and have never encountered love bugs...guess we were lucky!

One of those buggers ruined my white shirt. I must have leaned on one. I don’t remember them being so bad in past May visits.

This past Sunday we were at the OKW main pool in the am and DH went up the pool slide and it was a horror show. He looked like he was fighting invisible ninjas on his way up and down the slide!

Any current updates on the bugs? Headed down on Wednesday.

We arrived on Sunday and although the love bugs are still around they haven’t bothered us except on Monday at MK they was loads around Thunder Mountain. Not sure why? Been to AK today and hardly seen any but it is so hot and we are noticing more on the balcony this afternoon. We hope they are going away!

IMG_3440.jpeg
They are still here. We have seen a few at the pool and some in the parks as well, but not at all in swarms.

However, we did see this horror show at Disney Springs yesterday. Hoping we avoid running into a swarm with our car!

Last edited:
I live in the area and the love bugs have died down a lot. They peaked about 2 weeks ago. It's not so bad now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!