What's your current DVC Pool Love Bug sitch?

MinnieGirl33

DIS Veteran
Currently staying at Poly... lovebugs are really making pool time unbearable. Wondering if by chance any other hoppable pools are more manageable/less affected?

Halle

DIS Veteran
We were at SSR a week ago, they were there but not bad, BWV was unbearable.

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
If I remember from these boards from previous years, in the month of May love bugs are abundant? What other months? Thanks!

• Halle

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for the reply. Have never been in September, only October and have not seen love bugs. Thanks for the heads up, will be there mid September. :goodvibes
    We have gone to WDW the past five years in May and have never encountered love bugs...guess we were lucky!

kkbutterfly

Mouseketeer
    One of those buggers ruined my white shirt. I must have leaned on one. I don’t remember them being so bad in past May visits.

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
    This past Sunday we were at the OKW main pool in the am and DH went up the pool slide and it was a horror show. He looked like he was fighting invisible ninjas on his way up and down the slide!

Marge88

Earning My Ears
    We arrived on Sunday and although the love bugs are still around they haven’t bothered us except on Monday at MK they was loads around Thunder Mountain. Not sure why? Been to AK today and hardly seen any but it is so hot and we are noticing more on the balcony this afternoon. We hope they are going away!

ABE4DISNEY

DIS Veteran
    IMG_3440.jpeg
    They are still here. We have seen a few at the pool and some in the parks as well, but not at all in swarms.

However, we did see this horror show at Disney Springs yesterday. Hoping we avoid running into a swarm with our car!

Last edited:

cindy_k

Living Warm and Happy in Florida
    I live in the area and the love bugs have died down a lot. They peaked about 2 weeks ago. It's not so bad now.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS