What's the story behind the Marvel character Magneto?

"Magneto was right" reminds me of the "Thanos was right" mantra. Thanos destroyed 1/2 of all life throughout the universe because of limited planetary resources. People will point to the scene in "Avengers: Endgame" where Captain America tells Black Widow that he saw a pod of whales in the Hudson River. It's said that this shows that Thanos was right. By reducing the human population, Earth is beginning to heal.

With very few exceptions (Catwoman, for one), I do hate the redeemable villain. Like the parable of the scorpion, evil is in their nature (at least in comics).

Yes, the thing about "Thanos was Right" is that his assessment of the situation is correct. The number one issue is over-population and dwindling resources. That said, his approach was wrong and indefensible. With the Infinity Gauntlet, instead of halving the population, he could've doubled resources. In fact he could've done anything!

I prefer the very, very EVIL Thanos in teh comics, who did it just to impress Death, with whom he was in love.

Also, Thanos didn't jsut half the human population, but literally halfed all life forms of any kind in the universe. Considering that many lifeforsm are considered resources (like, you know, plants), this plan was quite misguided.

I think Marvel should make a solo movie all about Magneto like they did with Wolverine and Venom and if Marvel made it I guarantee it would be a hit in theaters if it existed. Because when Wolverine's movie debuted in theaters it became a smash hit and they could possibly do the same thing with Magneto's movie. Because as with all of the X-Men movies they do become hits in theaters

They were actually going to make "X-Men Origins: Magneto" but it never materialized. I think they did the second Wolverine instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter