What's the first thing you do after boarding?

We had a group of nine, so for us it was divide and conquer. The teens went up on deck and found a good spot to hang out. The adults left our carry-ons with them. They started figuring out the Nav App and getting us all linked up in chat (you need to send out requests to the others in your party.) Two of us went to the dining room to change to early seating. (No problem.) Two others went to sign us up for tastings, etc. I honestly don't know what the ninth one did. Then at about 1:00 we headed up to Cabanas. Just about as we got there the announcement was made that the rooms were open. Cabanas emptied out and we had our pick of seats and a nearly empty buffet line. Then, when we finished our lunch, our rooms were available and there were no crowds left in the halls waiting to get into their rooms. The rest of our bags came shortly after we got to the rooms. While we unpacked, the kids went up to Vibe to get their new key cards.

And I owe it all to tips I found on these boards! Thanks to all!

Pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, then soak it in that months of planning are over and it's time to enjoy the cruise. This is accompanied by tons of picture taking and, of course, the buffet as well. (This is the best buffet of the cruise, IMO.) It's a little funny, but after just a little time on the ship I feel like I never left.

Pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, then soak it in that months of planning are over and it's time to enjoy the cruise. This is accompanied by tons of picture taking and, of course, the buffet as well. (This is the best buffet of the cruise, IMO.) It's a little funny, but after just a little time on the ship I feel like I never left.
Embarkation lunch is the best! I always look forward to it. IDK if it's because it's that good or if I'm just so happy to finally be back home :sail:

We are usually on early so go right upstairs and wait for the buffet to open. After lunch the kids usually take right off so DH and I will visit the adult pool bar to have a drink to kick off the cruise.

We usually head straight for lunch buffet! And begin too unwind.

Our next cruise is in October, just DH and me. Maybe, we will book a tasting!
And definitely get a cocktail!

If weather is good adult pool after lunch.

My wife and I don't bother trying to get on board ASAP in the morning. We are just fine being one of the last ones arriving at port, because we are usually close to the front of the line to check in if not just walking right up to the counter. It has always been open boarding by this time; so we don't have to wait for our time to walk up the ramp. Than the first thing we do once our name is announced as we step into the lobby is head to our stateroom, put down our carry on luggage and hang out on the veranda for a while before heading up to grab a bite to eat.

Disregard my question. Found answer in another thread. Sorry!

We will be on the Dream next week. I see other dining is available besides Cabana's for lunch? Are all of them? What is the menu like in the other places?
Cabanas and Enchanted Garden both have buffet service. In Enchanted Garden, they will seat you and take your drink order before you head to the buffet.

Poolside quick serve venues are also available. As well as room service.

We board pretty early and so we go:
1. To Cabanas to find a table by the window and since we have only 2 carryon bags, there is no problem with storing them. And they open up pretty darn quick, so we grab some lunch and look at the view.
2. We have our first soft serve cone of the cruise
3. We then go to see about cognac and/or whiskey tastings for my husband, check out our table to see if it is a 4 top or larger. Get that squared away if it is larger than a 4 top.
4 Detective agency card and the rule is that only stairs may be taken, never elevators :) The kids and husband love this, but I am much slower than they are. I vow to get into excellent shape before the next cruise, so that I can out walk/climb them.
5. If I am going to get the length of cruise pass for Rainforest, I do it then. The past couple of cruises have been really busy and not as great up there as it was in previous cruises, so I probably wont do that anymore. It was fun while it lasted though.
6. Our cabin is typically ready by then, so we go and drop things off. I stay in the cabin and unpack the luggage when it arrives and send the kids and husband to go have more Detective agency fun.
7. I relax on the verandah and take endless pictures of the comings and goings of delivery trucks and people. I like to watch the guards and their dog search the trucks. It is pretty fun.
8. Time for a drink (or two) at the Bon Voyage right before the Mandatory drill.
9. We celebrate sailaway on the verandah and I take even more pictures if that is even possible.
10. The kids might or might not go to Vibe to check in. They are not really as into it as they used to be.
11. If there is a movie playing my son wants to see, I go with him and my husband and daughter walk on deck 4. If there is no movie, we all walk on deck 4 and grab snacks at Vista Café.
12 . More relaxing before dinner at 8:15 and any activities that the kids want to check out from the Navigator.

Nothing much. lol

go to see about cognac and/or whiskey tastings for my husband

Your husband and I are on the same wavelength here. These are the two tastings I picked also. In addition, I liked that they are in the evening, not the afternoon, which is more conducive to my being away from the family for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter