What's the big deal about Gideon's?

Their cakes are disappointing. The cookies are like eating a pound of raw cookie dough.

However, the hot cookie hour is where it is AT!

The only one that is worth the hype for me is the coffee cake one. It's amazing. I find most of the others to be too sweet / rich for my taste, but I understand why some people love them if they like those kind of desserts. I can only eat a few bites. It doesn't help that I prefer the plain cookie part of any chocolate chip cookie to the actual chocolate chips, so all those chips are a bit off putting for me. But that's just my goofy taste.

I was happy to stand in line the one time we did it just to try them out. I can't say we won't do it again, because we might, but it's not a priority for us. Still, that coffee cake cookie is goooooood!

They are decent cookies. I wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes for them. Join the VQ and then browse DS. If you get called back in a window that works for you, give them a try.

They are good cookies. We had my husband wait in line while the rest of us went to World of Disney. He said it was super cute inside! The cookies were delicious and kept well. We brought some home with us. They are huge, I’d eat about 1/4 of a cookie at a time.

If I could walk in and buy them, I’d have them every time I was at DS. They aren’t amazing in my opinion, but they are decent enough to be a walk up and the cold brew is good. The VQ and then another 20 minute wait after callback makes it not worth it for me. I wouldn’t do that for any food, really.

Are the lines short right before closing?

This is how we lucked out one evening and finally tried a few. We had a late ADR at STK. After dinner, walking, we noticed a very short line. We had a few minutes left before closing and got in. They are good and very rich as mentioned. I would never wait 1, 2 or 3 hours for them or much of anything else though.

If we get lucky again some day, I will try the coffee cake as mentioned here. Like anything else, gotta try everything (almost) once ourselves :).

I like cookies but not crazy about them! Last December I had to see what all the buzz was about! Well they were AMAZING cookies! They are rich and you can only have a quarter at a time! We were there over the holiday so they had a white chocolate coffee bean cookie called the Kris Kringle and it was AWESOME! Another favorite is the Pistachio Toffee Choc Chip! It’s definitely worth checking out.
The line goes pretty quick!

Totally over rated except for the breakfast cookie and oreo cookie. You can make a Gideon chocolate chip cookie at home all you need to do is get a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and dump half the bag in your mouth and voila you have an authentic Gideons chocolate chip cookie. You can basically repeat this for any of there cookies that have any type of chips on them.

However, my wife if infatuated with there peanut butter spread they keep by the registers.

The cookies are definitely a good balance between sweet, savory, and salty that you don't usually get at a bakery. They are also made fresh every day and offer some unique flavors. Personally the bakery near me offers better options than their standard chocolate chip, but I will still go for the crumb cake or monthly specialty cookies.

I was hoping to try one this but just couldn’t bring myself to wait in a line for a cookie. I am more sad about missing the peanut butter cold brew than the cookie though. Oh well, maybe next time.

I'm with you. I mean, sure they're good. But not line-up good. But I feel the same about crazy lines for popcorn buckets.

Aside from homemade, they are the best cookies I've ever had. Their ingredients, especially the chocolate they use is top notch. We love to get a couple cookies and snack on them throughout the week. They are big, but think of each cookie as 4 cookies because a quarter of it is really all you need. Their cake slices are pretty amazing, as well.

The inside of the shop is pretty cool too, but if I weren't getting the cookies, I wouldn't wait in line just to go in.

We usually go check out the line as soon as we get to DS. If it's really long, there'll be a virtual queue so we put our names in and shop and eat til we are called.

There was no way we were waiting in line for a cookie. No way. I don't care how good it might be. We once picked up a cake and cookies from Carlo's. The line was off the wall! This was years ago. My cousin lived in Hoboken so he showed his license with address and we didn't have to wait cause it was something they did for locals. Let me tell you glad I didn't wait in line. Junk. Complete junk.

Not cause she is my wife but I would put her up against most bakers. She is unbelievable. But she is also a killer cook. Again food is an opinion but waiting in line for a cookie isn't my cup of tea. The one night it was down past Morimoto almost. I asked how long the wait was. She said prob only 20 mins. I was like yah right.

I think people just want the giant shopping bag to show everyone they've been there. I see people with those bags and think, "Suckers!" 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter