• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats the best diaper pail option for disposables?

We use the Diaper Champ with our almost 2 yo, and it works pretty well. Stinks when you open it, but who doesn't expect that? Actually, the thing I've found to help with the stink more than anything is to not use brand-name diapers. Can't stand the smell of wet Pampers. And somehow, the better store brands don't have that same scent.

I used the Stinky Genie with my first baby after everyone said it was THE thing. That thing was so gross when changing bags...and that stink never would detatch itself from the container despite every chemical known to man!

Second child- used the ole' free grocery bags wrapped and dumped in outside trash after poops. Put pee diapers in the trash changed daily.

Problem solved. I am planning on this same method when my new babe comes along. Happy mothering!

Another vote for the garbage can outside!!! Why on earth would anyone want to keep diapers in a pail :scared1: , when it is just as easy to throw them in the trash?

We put the diapers in our usual trash - we change our kitchen trash bag at least once a day. The poopy ones go in the outside garbage cans. I think if you leave dirty diapers in a pail they're going to smell regardless of the type of diaper pail. I just couldn't wrap my mind around storing diapers in a pail - I was given the Diaper Genie for a baby shower gift and I tried it once and threw it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter