What's Special for the 50th Celebration?

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
As I've mentioned, DH & I are considering going to DL prior to our cruise next month. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working out right. :( Among other things, the only Disney hotel with vacancy seems to be the GC, & it's $948 (inc. tickets) for 2 adults/ 2 nights. This is for a standard view room, & is supposedly value season. Seems high to me, but I'm considering it.

We're planning a trip to LV & So. Cal. for possibly next summer. We plan to spend 4 nights at DL on that trip. I'm wondering what we would miss by waiting to go next summer. Is there anything special for the 50th that will be discontinued & is "not to be missed"? Thanks again for your help. :) I'm having a hard time making up my mind for some reason. :blush:

The current parade and fireworks will both be gone. The fireworks are the best EVER! One car from all the original rides is painted gold, along with one outside of each attraction for photo op's. There is a great display and movie playing in the theater about the history of the park. It has Steve Martin in it, he was a cast member in his early years. There are 50 golden hidden Mickeys through out the park.

The only other things are the rehab of Space Mountain and the couple new rides- and those arent going anywhere!

tarheelmjfan said:
This is for a standard view room, & is supposedly value season. Seems high to me, but I'm considering it.

April value season? being its mostly spring break time I thought it would be regular season :confused3

There is a lovely feeling of nostalgia in the park with the 50th. All the original rides have one car painted gold. The show with Steve Martin is fun. There are 50 gold mickeys hidden around the park that are fun to try to find. And I agree...the fireworks are worth the trip all on their own. Wow.

The fireworks are outstanding, the best fireworks show I've ever seen. The 50th parade is reall good as well with floats centered on Walt's classic stories and characters and those few films after him that lived up to the standard he created.

Thanks all for the info. :) Decisions, decisions. :scratchin

disneegrl4eva,
We would be there on Apr. 5th & 6th. It looks like the rates are supposed to go up on the 7th. :confused3

We forgot the castle decorations. I think they are gorgeous. I dont have a picture but there is probably one on the spirit of the 50th picture thread.

I would guess that the parade and fireworks aren't going anywhere..........(although the fireworks may get tweaked a little). the gold vehicles and decorations will slowly come down as they decorate for the holidays.I would guess the movie will stay right where it is at too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter