What you CAN bring on the plane

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
I just talked to my neighbour, who works at the check in desk for AC. I asked her what specifically you can bring on board.
Here goes:

Your purse can be no larger than a 8 1/2"x 11 sheet of paper.

No rollerboard's of any kind.

No backpacks... I asked about DH's laptop bag which is a backpack. No. It must be a briefcase style. No size mentioned but I assume it is a standard size.

Bags for kids items must also conform to these standard's. Do not pack a backpack for your kid. It WILL NOT be allowed.

This last piece of info is vital.

Once you put an item in an overhead bin you WILL NOT be allowed to take it back out. Period. Full stop. If you put your coat in a bin ,make sure you have everything you need out of it.

The flight crew's are not happy about these rules but are bound by them.

We used to pack a rollerboard with a change of clothes for the three of us before, in case of unexpected delays. Now it will be a clean pair of underwear.toothbrush and toothpaste:rolleyes1

Time to get creative people..go shopping and don't forget your piece of paper:lmao:

I think the new rules are soooo ridiculous. I am soooo not happy! If my purse is a backpack is that not allowed? It's about the same size of a 8x11 sheet. Can a small kids backpack be allowed? What about a DS and DVD player? A dvd player alone is almost 8x11:confused::confused::confused:

it will making flying more unpleasant, especially for little children.... anyone venture to guess wheather this will be permanent or not? We always travelled with Carryon only :scared1:

I think the new rules are soooo ridiculous. I am soooo not happy! If my purse is a backpack is that not allowed? It's about the same size of a 8x11 sheet. Can a small kids backpack be allowed? What about a DS and DVD player? A dvd player alone is almost 8x11:confused::confused::confused:

I wish they would make the restrictions clearer. Some details would be nice. MY friend said DD is allowed to bring her 11" laptop and DS on board, but not in a backpack. I guess it is time to go shopping, which is sad because she got a Disney princess backpack(full of clothes for our trip) for xmas.

any word on photography gear? (I'm asking this question all over the place tonight, it seems!) I have several cameras and lenses that normally travel with me in a special backpack. The gear CANNOT be checked, period. Would your friend have any clue on what the ruling is for this type of stuff?

I just talked to my neighbour, who works at the check in desk for AC. I asked her what specifically you can bring on board.
Here goes:

Your purse can be no larger than a 8 1/2"x 11 sheet of paper.

No rollerboard's of any kind.

No backpacks... I asked about DH's laptop bag which is a backpack. No. It must be a briefcase style. No size mentioned but I assume it is a standard size.

Bags for kids items must also conform to these standard's. Do not pack a backpack for your kid. It WILL NOT be allowed.

This last piece of info is vital.

Once you put an item in an overhead bin you WILL NOT be allowed to take it back out. Period. Full stop. If you put your coat in a bin ,make sure you have everything you need out of it.

The flight crew's are not happy about these rules but are bound by them.

We used to pack a rollerboard with a change of clothes for the three of us before, in case of unexpected delays. Now it will be a clean pair of underwear.toothbrush and toothpaste:rolleyes1

Time to get creative people..go shopping and don't forget your piece of paper:lmao:

I'm traveling with 3 guys. They don't know it yet - but they're each going to carry a "m-urse"!!

I'm traveling with 3 guys. They don't know it yet - but they're each going to carry a "m-urse"!!

Talk about getting creative! :lmao:

Just wondering, since I'm an American and I don't really watch the local news much less national/international, why aren't ya'll allowed to have a carry-on anymore?

Just wondering, since I'm an American and I don't really watch the local news much less national/international, why aren't ya'll allowed to have a carry-on anymore?

As a result of the incident on Christmas day, carry-on baggage on flights into the U.S. is not allowed. It's based on U.S. security requirements.

In regards to the attempted bombing on Dec 25th, all flights travelling into the US are to put their passengers and their belongings through an intensive screening process. All carry on items will be hand inspected and passengers may or may not be subject to a pat down. In order to speed up the process,on board items are restricted to very small bags and only one per person.

Within two weeks,most of the major airports will be using the new screening method. I would hate to be the guy who has to look at all those bodies:scared1:. I apologize in advance:rolleyes1

Oh, that totally sucks! See, I didn't even know there'd been an attempted bombing. Like I said, I don't see much news at all. I didn't know about our last hurricane until one of the secretaries at work asked me about it.

Yes my question is about the cameras also..I have an SLR and one exrta lens, a point and shoot and then a Viedo camera. I am traviling with one other person, will I have to put on of these into my suitcase?

What about our cell phones?

I spoke with TC yesterday and was told that my camera bag would be allowed, it is a backpack style to hold my SLR and extra lenses. They did tell me that it would be searched thoroughly and was advised that I shouldn't have anything else with me so if I could incorporate my purse items into that bag it would help or have my husband carry the camera bag.

Also was told that no extra items should be brought like magazines, books, etc.

Purse contents should be limited to wallet, id, ipod, cell phone, gum, meds, nothing extra.

This is a pain because we normally always carry a change of clothing, etc per person in case of delays and also our bathing suits but oh well.

And I guess maybe I'll sleep this flight because I won't have anything to read.

This is from the transport Canada website:

"Passengers travelling to the United States are not allowed to bring carry on bags into the cabin of the aircraft, with some exceptions. Passengers may carry with them one or more of the following items: medication or medical devices, small purses, cameras, coats, items for care of infants, laptop computers, crutches, canes, walkers, containers carrying life sustaining items, a special needs item, musical instruments, or diplomatic or consular bags."

We also have a bag that we carry camera equipment and lens so that should be exempt. Laptops could be placed in a briefcase style bag and may contain peripheral devices and a couple of files.

Yesterday I found a site that listed the size of the bag you could carry, I think it was 22x10x5 inches, but I can not remember where I saw it. If I find it again I will post the link.

Oh that will be so frustrating with two young children. I was so excited to back bags of toys, books and colouring stuff with them. I was more excited to have them occupied! My little guy will not sit and watch the tv screens.:mad:

Here goes:

Thank you for the update!

Guess I will be shopping for "purses" for the kids and DH to carry on in March. Too bad about the backpack rule, the kids would have been set! Oh well, at least they can have a carry on of sorts now.

I really hope this lightens up before our trip in May! I wonder if we are able to bring headphones for the kids. I know you can by headphones on the plane, but my kids need their kid headphones so they fit right on their heads and ears. I will be bummed if we can't take them because the kids will be a disaster if I can't bring books for them let alone them struggling to watch tv while we are flying.
Could be interesting!

So no backpacks... how about messenger bags?

Disney has some cute ones that are even on sale!

Any thoughts before I spend a fortune to have them shipped to me?

It measures 8x11...

DSIProductDisplay

this is getting ridiculous! i know its for our protedction...but two kids to disney nonstopn flight-yikes! im scared!!! perhaps ill do the purse thing for them as well. atleast i can take a diaper bag for ds. but no books? and i agree with pp about the kids ears phones at 2 and 4 the adult ones dont fit/sit rite in their ears.

any word on gate checking strollers? will that be allowed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter