What would you say if you saw...

Don't worry, it will be fine! My DD has CP (mild) and must use a chair in the parks. When she gets to the end of the line she hops out and dashes (as fast as she can dash...) to get on the ride. We just get lots of grins and smiles. She couldn't enjoy the parks without the chair and neither could the rest of the family!

Thanks you guys. It looks (if I read it right) that we don't need to get a GAC pass. I guess I am just worried about his feelings but you can't stop what other people are saying or thinking.

Thanks for your responses. Hope to see you there in August!

If all he needs is to be able to take the wheelchair/ecv in line with him or use the wheelchair viewing areas for parades/shows, then you don't need a GAC.
Most of the lines are well shaded and (surprisingly) some of the outdoor lines are even airconditioned! (According to posts by some WDW CMs who posted the information here). If, after you are at WDW, you find that you are having problems, you can go to Guest Services in any of the parks with him and explain your needs.

Hello! I just found this board. I too am hoping to go to WDW in August. My son whom is 5 will either be in a special needs stroller or a walker and can walk normal and run too but has Cerebral palsey(mild) and cannot stand or walk that far. He too may be getting up out and walking at certain times. I had that problem when he first got his stroller of thinking what will others think well that passed very quickly. People dont know you and they dont know your situation. No one but you knows,(unless you tell them). So it isnt any of thier business. GO have fun let him walk sit stand or whatever it takes for you all to have a good time! I know my son does not care what others think about him He just tries to do what works best for him. Please do the same thing and have a good time!

cantwaittoseemickey

Thanks you guys. Y'all are so sweet :flower: We were talking about it today and if we can, we are definitely going in August...he just has to stay healthy (where is that knocking on wood smilie when you need it?)

Thanks for all your kind words.

Suggested caption for a yellow diamond sign to hang behind a wheelchair or ECV (if the person desires), "I can walk, but only to first base."

In case of legs becoming more and more painful with each step you take, have you tried lying down with your legs in the air for a few minutes, or other therapies your doctor may suggest? Feel free to stop every once in awhile to do such circulation improving exercises.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Some years ago at work (in an office) a co-worker, three or four times a day, lay face down on the floor (as if to make snow angels) saying that it was good for his back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter