What would you recommend for dining?

TMcDwyer

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW in six months and I am staring to plan our dining while we are there. I know we want to try to get reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table, but what else would you recommend...

A little background, my daughter will be three and loves princesses, tinkerbell, and Minnie. My son will be 5 1/2 and loves Wall-e, Toy Story and the Incredibles.

Thanks!

Have you looked at the menus on allearsnet.com? That may help you out alot too

When I took my nieces we found out that character breakfasts were a huge hit with them, they were wide awake and not cranky, love breakfast foods and the characters were a lot of fun. The TS dinners were a bust, they were tired, cranky and super picky about what they wanted to eat and didnt like anything.

For your daughter I would do Ankerhaus in epcot, breakfast is best. You get all thr princesses for the most part. More than at CRT. I still say do CRT, I do it is the castle experience that is fun for my DD5.

The sad thing is they don't have one with your son's favorites. You should try Chef Mickeys, it has Mickie, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy etc...
Mickey's Backyard BBQ is a blast too, they sing and dance, it is a really good time.

We are booking CRT and O'hana best friends. Even though there are no children, these were the important ones to us. We are also going to book:
The plaza
Spirit of Aloha show
Shula's
50's prime time

We are not doing the dining plan so the rest will be cs

Cape May at YC is good too for boys. It has Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale. The food for both breakfast and dinner is very good.

I would recommend 'Ohana for your son. My DS - 5, really loved the breakfast there. Stitch was a lot of fun & they have a cute little parade with the characters that the kids can participate in.

They may also enjoy Crystal Palace & the princess breakfast in Norway was a favorite of my DD - 3.

My son who was 2 last year loved Chef Mickey's and Tusker House (both had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Goofy and Daisy was at Tusker House). Do you kids watch Playhouse Disney? Althout I heard the food isn't great, we are taking DS to the breakfast at Hollywood and Vine (it has June and Leo, and JoJo and Goliath from Playhouse Disney). Oh yeah, Crystal Palace might be a good choice because of Pooh and the gang!

So many options with the characters

1900 Park Fare- breakfast has Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh and Tigger
dinner has Cinderella, Prince Charming & Step-Sisters+Mother.

Crystal Palace-Winnie the Pooh and Friends

O'hana breakfast-Stitch, Lilo, Mickey and Pluto

Donald's Safari Breakfast-Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Goofy and Pluto

Chef Mickey- Mickey and friends (no Daisy)

Askershus Storybook - Princesses-can be a mix of different ones, Belle is there for photo.

CRT- princesses, Cinderella is there for photo. No princesses for dinner-Mice and Fairy Godmother.

Non-Character Meals that they would probably enjoy:

Coral Reef-large fish tank
Sci-Fi - Drive in theme and fun for little ones
The Wave - fast service for a TS (Find out if it's still fast as it was new when we went) good food.

I would recommend 'Ohana for your son. My DS - 5, really loved the breakfast there. Stitch was a lot of fun & they have a cute little parade with the characters that the kids can participate in.

They may also enjoy Crystal Palace & the princess breakfast in Norway was a favorite of my DD - 3.

Which park is O'Hana in?

I noticed you are dealing with a time change. Be careful about breakfasts. We only had a one hour time change. My DD at that time was 2 yrs 10 months and not a morning person. She did not adjust to the time change at all. I had a wonderful 8:30 pre-park opening reservation at Tusker House. I quickly discovered that there was no way DD was going to be up in time to get there in any decent mood. You have to remember that you will need to leave your hotel about an hour before your ADR to get there. (I got lucky enough to be able to move my ADR to 9:30). The food at Tusker house breakfast is really good, but they have Daisy not Minnie. Chef Mickey's has Minnie, but if you do that, I would do breakfast instead of dinner if you can. We may have hit a bad night, but other than the salads and the desserts, the food was awful. DD is 3 now and we were just at WDW 3 weeks ago. I just asked her favorite restaurants and she said "Castle" aka Cinderella's Royal Table (big surprise); Akershus (last year); and Biergarten (Epcot). I think your son might like Biergarten too. They have a show with a German band and during part of it the kids can get out on the dance floor and dance. I don't know if you are mid-day breakers, but we aren't, we stay at the parks all day most days, and for us, table service lunches were great because once DD sat and ate, she would be refreshed to go again.

We are going to see how it goes with the breaks...since it is our first time I have no idea how my kids will do. Luckily we travel to the East Coast a LOT and they deal really well with the time change. :rotfl:

Ohana is at the Poly. We've never been there, but we might try it next time.

We are going to see how it goes with the breaks...since it is our first time I have no idea how my kids will do. Luckily we travel to the East Coast a LOT and they deal really well with the time change. :rotfl:

That's good! DD actually has less meltdowns at WDW than at home, even when she gets tired. She's just so happy she's there. Hopefully, yours will be that way too!

We've done 'Ohana breakfast many times... Please add it to your list.

We don't do "Rope Drop"...

I'm not sure where you are staying....but if you go to Polynesian for 'Ohana breakfast...an added bonus is that you can all ride the monorail (leave from the second floor of the Poly) to the MK.

I find the kids enjoy riding the monorail...and you can miss it if you are not at certain parks....

Have a magical visit!
Mary

CRT for breakfast and Akershus in Norway for breakfast are both great meals and great opportunities to see lots of princesses!

I love breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I've eaten there for various birthdays, anniversaries and even Christmas. It's a lot of fun and the food was always pretty good. It had a selection I was happier with than other breakfast buffets I've had. It's similar to Goofy's Kitchen at the DL hotel, if you've ever ever been there.

1900 Park Fare has a dinner with Cinderella, her step-mother & sisters that looks promising. Usually I won't eat the foods at most of the dinners. (insanely picky) I didn't end up eating there since we canceled our original WDW plan to do the cruise instead, but I still intend to one of these days. Same with the Garden Grove at the Swan/Dolphin. Seems interesting and is another character dinner. I think they only do around 2 characters at a time though. It seems easier to book that many others, too.

I love Tutto Italia, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's a place for kids. Just mentioning it in general. Not cheap (not that any of the sit downs are for dinner), but so fresh and yummilicious. :)

I would recommend Akershus in Norway (EPCOT) for breakfast and, of course, CRT, and perhaps 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) for your daughter.

Your son would probably enjoy Tusker House (AK), Chef Mickey's (Contemporary), and Sci-Fi (DHS).

I can tell you what we are doing for our 3 year old DD who loves Princesses.

CRT Breakfast
CP breakfast
CM dinner
1900 Park Fare breakfast (w/Alice,Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger & Pooh)
Akershus lunch w/princesses
Le Cellier (1st choice) or Teppan Epo (backup) for dinner at Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter