What would you pick, WOC dessert party or 1 night at DLH?

jina

DIS Veteran
I finally booked the WOC dessert party for the final night of our Oct trip but then was thinking.... it will cost us $210 for the 3 of us (me, DH and DD7) which is how much more 1 night would cost at DLH versus staying at the Hyatt House that night.

We have never stayed at DLH but would be off site most of the check in day visiting family in LA, but would get a late afternoon/evening at DLH plus an hour or two before our late pm flight if we did not stay at the park past lunchtime. If we stay at Hyatt we'd go to DCA for rides in the late pm/early evening then WOC.

Which would you pick? Is one night at DLH too much of a tease??

I finally booked the WOC dessert party for the final night of our Oct trip but then was thinking.... it will cost us $210 for the 3 of us (me, DH and DD7) which is how much more 1 night would cost at DLH versus staying at the Hyatt House that night.

We have never stayed at DLH but would be off site most of the check in day visiting family in LA, but would get a late afternoon/evening at DLH plus an hour or two before our late pm flight if we did not stay at the park past lunchtime. If we stay at Hyatt we'd go to DCA for rides in the late pm/early evening then WOC.

Which would you pick? Is one night at DLH too much of a tease??
Three people will cost $236.46 for the WOC Dessert Party. Or are the rates different for different dates?

While the WOC dessert party is a nice perk to pay for.
If you plan to take pool time during your visit, I choose DLH. Plus it would give you EE for check in day and departure day.
For my group the DLH would be our choice.

Enjoy

G

The hotel, but we have done it all before. AS stated your mileage may vary.

Jack

I would do the dessert party, only because we love the dessert party and hotel doesn't really matter to us. We only sleep there. We'd way rather spend more time at the parks instead.

I am the biggest proponent of saying on site, but for a one nite stay it is really not worth it IMO especially if it is an either/or that cuts into your experience at the parks. You will not spend enough time in the room to be able to really enjoy it and the perks of having the room right there.

If budget is not a concern, go for it...but for one night trips I am usually off site.

1 night?...WOC hands down in my view. 2 night or longer?...then I would stay on site.

If you will not be using your EMH privileges both days, my vote would be for the WOC dessert party. But I think either would be great.

Have you seen WOC before? If not, find a good video of the show (currently the original version) on YouTube to see how much you like it. If you really like it (and not everyone does), then choose the Dessert Party. If it doesn't float your boat, then go with the DLH. Personally, I would choose the Dessert Party because we really enjoy it and this is our favorite version of WOC. If we are going to pay for the DLH, then I want to enjoy more than one night!

Last edited:
Dessert Party. We've done one night at the DLH after staying at the Sheraton all week, but the only reason we did it was because we wanted to do a cabana at the pool, which wouldn't be included in your $200 budget.

WOC. Trying to enjoy the hotel on arrival night could be hard because you'll be tired, might get in late and you have to check out by 11am. If you are super lucky day of you might be able to get a noon check-out. So there is no enjoying the hotel pre-flight the night of departure.

WOC dessert party is truly special, relaxing way to cap off a day at DCA.

I would pick the dessert party. We finally did this on our last trip and loved it! DD loved it so much she wants to do it every trip...lol and I agree with Disneysuitefreak that its a hassle and time consuming when resort hopping when not hopping from Disney to Disney hotel for just one nights stay.

It's a hassle checking out and in to another hotel. I've done it in the past when room rates became outrageous, and I prefer not to. The time wasted imo isn't worth it. Your mileage may vary...

We did a split stay and this was also our experience. It was a pain. I would do the WOC Dessert Party.

But the last time we went we met a very nice couple from Bowling Green Kentucky, so it was much more enjoyable. Previously, the people we shared the table seem like they did not want have a conversation. Still an excellent show. You do have to share a table with others if there are just two. Bread I'd excellent, not quite so with the eclectic collection of desserts. Enjoy if you go. It tries to play on your emotions

Jack

Last edited:
Unless you're going to dedicate your DLH day to a long break at the pool, I'd do the WOC Dessert Party. We have done 1 and 2 night splits stays at DLH in the past and loved it, one time we got a cabana and the other time we took long afternoon breaks to swim. We did the WoC dessert party earlier this month and everyone wants to do it again. Both are great splurges.

But then I would stay there and then have Bell move everything to the Grand and go on with life. Enjoy it much more

Jack

We just got back and ended up doing the 1 night at DLH. Our first 2 nights were at the new Hyatt House (at Harbor/Katella) which was really nice. We were in a studio that had 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. We were on the top floor (5) and had a view of the fireworks. Then on check out day we were up at 6 and went to check in at DLH at 6:30am so we could go to the 7am EE at DCA. When we got back to DLH at 3, our room was not ready so we swam in the pool until a little after 4 - loved the waterslides. When our room was ready we were shocked to find we'd been upgraded from the standard view 2 queen room to a 1 bedroom suite in the fantasy tower w/ 2 queens, a sofa bed and fireworks view! It was really wonderful and we all slept really well. It was so amazing to get the upgrade as DH had received some bad news earlier in the day and having our own room to talk about it while DD slept next door was so helpful. We had a late flight home yesterday so DLH gave us a pool key so we could swim in the afternoon before our flight. All in all I'm glad we did the 1 night at DLH!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter