What would you do?

scriv2

Mouseketeer
Going to Disney- December 7 thru 16th (9 nights) staying at the WL

Would you keep the AAA discount that I have (Woods view - $217 p/n including tax), add passes and the dining (2 adults, 10 yeo & 5yeo) or;

Buy an Annual Pass now, activate on-line, and hopefully receive a good discount? I would also buy the DDE to get 20% off our dining.

What are the chances if I buy a pass now, activate it in a couple of weeks on-line when I receive it and get the WL at a good rate?

I am so confused, I just don't want to buy the pass and the room's Best Available Rate is no longer available. Is this something I need be concerned about?

Thanks so much!!! :confused3

I am going in Aug. and ordered my A/P, also got an A?P rate at BWI. When whe arrive at the hotel I need to shoe my voucher and can activate the pass at one of the parks or Downtown Disney. For my family is was worth it, because we saved over $400. Also, I believe the A/P is good for a year from activation date, not date bought.

the WL AP rate for courtyard view has been coming up $185 for December if that helps....:)

Unless you will use the AP again before it expires I would keep what you have....even if the rate posted above will be available for all of your nights you would save a max of about $280....from that you would have to subtract the cost of an AP over what you would pay for MYW tickets....so the savings would not be huge and you would not have the option of the dining plan (which could readily offset the additional savings on the room depending on your dining choices).

On longer stays like yours it often seems more difficult/impossible to snag the discounted rates because 1 or 2 nights are not available at the lower rate, so they will not book any nights at the lower rate.

If you plan on returning for more than 1 trip during the year your AP is valid then i would say by all mens go the AP route, because the savings on buying park tickets twice will be significant. But i would not do it just for the room discount any longer...looks like too big of a gamble to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter