What would you do, Poly or POFQ?

I am doing this exact same thing. We have always stayed at a deluxe because the first time we did Disney we did the cruise and to get a bacolny on the cruise ship we had to do a deluxe. I take my son, his wife and 3 kids. This time we are going to POFQ because we are also paying for the dining plan. I know my son could not afford to take his family or pay for the airline tickets so I just down graded to be able to pay for all of it! They are thrilled even though they know it won't be quite as nice. I bet they'll really like the food court and the teens will have their own room. There's a lot of difference in price from a moderate to a deluxe! You can get so much more with a moderate. We are doing park hoppers and the added water parks and Disney Quest this time. Go with what you can pay for so it doesn't create a hardship for any of your family!!

DW mouser said:
I am doing this exact same thing. We have always stayed at a deluxe because the first time we did Disney we did the cruise and to get a bacolny on the cruise ship we had to do a deluxe. I take my son, his wife and 3 kids. This time we are going to POFQ because we are also paying for the dining plan. I know my son could not afford to take his family or pay for the airline tickets so I just down graded to be able to pay for all of it! They are thrilled even though they know it won't be quite as nice. I bet they'll really like the food court and the teens will have their own room. There's a lot of difference in price from a moderate to a deluxe! You can get so much more with a moderate. We are doing park hoppers and the added water parks and Disney Quest this time. Go with what you can pay for so it doesn't create a hardship for any of your family!!
ITA
Great Advice.
I think you will find POFQ a lot of fun.The kids will love the pool.
Have a wonderful time at Disney with your family!
Linda ::MinnieMo

We just returned from POFQ and loved it! The pool was great and the resort was very peaceful. We never waited long for a bus. Sometimes we had to share buses with POR but we were always picked up (always had a seat) and dropped off first. We had two meals at the Poly and while the lobby was beautiful I found it to be very crowded and busy. Lots of people coming and going. I think it is wonderful that you are doing this for your family and hope you have a wonderfully magical time.

Thanks! POFQ is sounding better all the time. I have a feeling that the extra money for the Poly would be wasted on my granddaughter. Just curious, is there a taxi you can take to the parks if my granddaughter is having a rough day? Or can you catch one at the parks to take back to POFQ? This has been so helpful to me and I am even more excited that I could surprise my kids with a vacation.

What a generous offer! I'm sure they will appreciate whatever you decide.

You have received great advice/information already.

This would be a very tough decision for me. :scratchin

The Poly is my favorite Deluxe and POFQ is my favorite Moderate. :rotfl:

Have a great time! :banana:

I just wanted to add another vote for POFQ. We've stayed at both POFQ and the Poly twice; in fact, on one trip, we were at the Poly for part of the trip and then POFQ for the rest, and for our family, both are equally beautiful and charming! Plus, you can't beat the savings by staying at POFQ. :)

I have to agree with most people that given your situation POFQ would be the best way to keep everyone happy. We have stayed at both resorts and loved them both, they are smaller than some of the other resorts, so there is a cozier feel about them. Wishing you and your family a wonderful time! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter