What would you do about this?

mommyof3princess27

DIS Veteran
Im putting this here because it has to do with couponing but if its in the wrong place....Mods plz move!

My friend wanted to get started in couponing so I showed her the basics(she has always used coupons) as far as buying multiple papers, matching deals and sales to coupons etc to score free items. Anyway she told me the other day she did 5 trans with babyfood coupons for a deal at a local store....I was confused that she used 5 internet coupons but whatever. So today she asked me to print off 2 carmaz coupons for her because she used her prints and forgot to get her husband to copy them at work!:scared1: I immediately told her that is illegal and wrong. She said well dont get upset and call 911 or anything :rotfl2: I didnt think its funny. I told her I had already used mine. I have heard that they can trace an IP address back from a coupon now I dont think Im being wrong here....I know its wrong and I told her that it would be soooooo embarassing if she got caught. She doesnt care so Im going to just popcorn:: What do you think?

Im totally up for saving a buck or two but not this way! :sad2:

I think you have done all you can do. You told her it was wrong and illegal. It's up to her to do the right thing. I just wouldn't shop with her in case she gets caught! And, yes, I do think they can trace a coupon back to the IP it was printed from.

As a heavy couponer myself, your friend is doing a MAJOR NO, NO!!! They can trace the coupon back and you can get caught! It's coupon fraud! No different than someone reproducing money and using it!

Ok. Maybe I am missing something here BUT (honest question, I am new to couponing and don't really do it too much! Please be nice.) How is it wrong for her to ask a friend to print coupons for her since she has hit her print limit? How is wrong to have her DH print them at work?

Barilla had a coupon on Facebook that made their whole wheat pastas free with a sale that is going on. You had to "share" it. I shared it with my DH and son and printed of two from each computer. I had a total of 6. I got 8 boxes of whole wheat pasta for 96 cents. Was I wrong to do it this way? I though that was legal and allowed. Please tell me I didn't break the law! I am very much a rule follower.

Ok. Maybe I am missing something here BUT (honest question, I am new to couponing and don't really do it too much! Please be nice.) How is it wrong for her to ask a friend to print coupons for her since she has hit her print limit? How is wrong to have her DH print them at work?

Barilla had a coupon on Facebook that made their whole wheat pastas free with a sale that is going on. You had to "share" it. I shared it with my DH and son and printed of two from each computer. I had a total of 6. I got 8 boxes of whole wheat pasta for 96 cents. Was I wrong to do it this way? I though that was legal and allowed. Please tell me I didn't break the law! I am very much a rule follower.

I think the OP is talking about making copies of coupons which is considered fraud.

I knew making copies was fraud. It just sounded like she had printed her limit and wanted someone else to print some too.

I knew making copies was fraud. It just sounded like she had printed her limit and wanted someone else to print some too.

So today she asked me to print off 2 carmaz coupons for her because she used her prints and forgot to get her husband to copy them at work! I immediately told her that is illegal and wrong.

So today she asked me to print off 2 carmaz coupons for her because she used her prints and forgot to get her husband to copy them at work! I immediately told her that is illegal and wrong.

OK.... I missed the word copy! I thought he was going to the link and printing them. Copying is a huge no no and I would never do that. I do try to print as many as I can if I know it will be a good deal. Barilla was 10 for $10 at Winn Dixie so those $1 off 1 coupons made them free. I love free groceries. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't done anything illegal. Most of my "friends" on Facebook are business for products that I like to buy. I find I save a ton of money printing coupons from Facebook.

We have a person at work that will print out all the available coupons for our area then she makes copies and passes them out. I've tried telling her that she cannot legally do this but she just gets all pissy about it. And no I can't tell the boss...she is the boss in that area. :confused3 If I see the master copy laying on the copier I just feed it into the shredder.

You told her it was wrong, nothing else you can do - though if the cashier actually knows how to do their job, she will get caught.

coupon copying is fraudulent and if she's caught, she can be arrested. I'ts not a whole lot different than printing money in your house. A copy of a coupon is a counterfeit. Also, from what I understand, your computers IP address is printed on the coupon when you print it. So if it's discovered that a store turns in a fraudulent coupon, it can easily be traced back to the person.

saving 50 cents or a dollar certainly isn't worth playing Russian roulette for. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter