What will you do with Animal Kingdom Poll!

If it was your choice, what would you do in the area designated for Avatar?

• Love the Avatar Concept! Pure Disney Genius!

• Scrap Avatar! Give me the Australian Outback instead.

• Like the idea of something new, but, neither Avatar or Australia are doing it for me.

• The area is lovely now - just leave it as is!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have trouble understanding why people think AK isn't complete. Of course there's room for more, but we can easily fill a whole day there. We adore animals and really take our time on the trails and in the aviaries, plus we like all the shows. We're not thrill ride people, so Everest and that evil wild mouse over in Dinoland aren't part of our plan. We love the shady paths, the relatively untamed beauty, the details on the buildings and other artifacts, plus the opportunity to see the animals in natural surroundings in addition to the attractions.

I see people who trudge through Pangani rapidly, looking straight ahead, paying no attention to the wildlife, exotic construction, and beautiful plants around them, searching for the next "ride". Clearly, AK is not the park for them.

:thumbsup2 LOVE Animal Kingdom!! The details in that park are GORGEOUS!! I love to explore EVERY inch!!! :cheer2:

Oh, I think Australia could get people in just fine. The key of course is what is built. Avatar may sound sexier because we think of a special effects laden film whose strength was it's striking visuals.

But an Australia done on the right scale, complete with an E-ticket and a supporting attraction or two to go along with the well-done animal exhibits could do very well I think..

Crocodile Falls log flume, Crush coaster, Euclayptus Walk-thru with koalas and nice sit-down seafood place

Here's an idea for an Australia-themed area:

1. A nature trail similar to those in Africa and Asia with animals indigenous to Australia.

2. A Great Barrier Reef attraction that is an underwater ride with real sea life that is sort of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea meets Kilimanjaro Safaris (the entire top half of the ride vehicles could be some sort of glass dome).

I realize the second concept would likely be prohibitively expensive (and for that matter, entirely unfeasable). But it would be so cool.

My prior suggestion (based on a Other Poster suggestion for a flume on a different thread): How about a Log Flume that the main drop takes you on a 50 foot clear tube through the Reef. Add to that:

• The flume traverses up around Croc's and Ayers Rock.
  • A viewing area so non-riders can enjoy it. With regular shows and CM's on site explaining what you are seeing.
  • A Restaurant where people can view the Reef.

Do that - it is may be cost justifiable.

I never wanted Avatar Land. Ever since I heard about Beastly Kingdom years ago, that's exactly what I've wanted in Animal Kingdom. Australia to me would fit better in Epcot.

Animal Kingdom is a wonderful park, but it does need something to to really make it exciting. The yeti, considering it doesn't move anymore, isn't as amazing as it used to be. Dinosaur is worth a trip. Both of these rides aren't targeted for small kids and they also don't always do well during It's Tought to Be A Bug. Kali River Rapids... it's not as fun as Grizzly River Run at DCA and not everyone wants to get wet (unless it's summer time, of course).

Really, besides the shows, seeing animals, and Kilamanjaro there's not much to do for kids. Australia, with the possible animal shows and exhibits, just wouldn't seem to bring anything super exciting to the park.

Animal Kingdom needs attractions that showcase animals and/or movies in ways the whole family can enjoy. Which is yet again why I approved of a Beastly Kingdom area... kids love mythical creatures, as does everyone else. Their ideas seemed pretty good to me. Too bad it just never went through.

They couldn't do anything worse than put Avatarland in there, I'm convinced.

And I'm saying that as a person that actually liked and purchased that movie (and I don't own many movies at all....just Disney, Harry Potter "special" types etc.)

Alot of great suggestions here. Really like the flume concept with the 50 ft clear tube & the Barrier Reef boat ride. This park definitely needs a couple of E-ticket rides & more young kid friendly areas.

Suggestions -
1) put in 3 more ts restaurants, give families a reason to stay through lunch and into dinner time.
2) put in dark rides based around Tarzan, Pocahontas, jungle Book, etc... A 3D motion ride to emulate Tarzan going through the trees, a flume log ride for Pocahontas and anything for jungle book.
3) build pride rock somewhere in Africa and put the FLK show inside it.
4) turn camp Minnie-Mickey into the 100 acre wood and have it be an entire pooh based kids area. The parks are lacking for toddler area, if done right, this could rival fantasyland for a destination for families with kids under five.
5) shut down the safari and the trails as normal, but keep the park open until 8 or 9 with the rides still active,

These suggestions are really awesome and on point IMO. I think they would be cost effective and give everyone (parents w/ small children, teens and adults) a reason to make AK a full day. I personally love AK, but it is easily an exotic zoo. I do believe they should focus on their own movies as well. Tarzan, Pocahontas and Jungle Book deserve more than small meet-and-greets. Pride rock would be awesome especially with FOLK in it:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter