What trendy, over used, look at me I'm so witty phrases annoy you?

Here are some that bug me (that specifically get at what the OP asked for--"trendy" phrases)

"And....go" at the end of some type of post asking for suggestions (I saw someone else posted this just now, too!) This automatically makes me NOT give that person a suggestion.

"My tribe"

"Samesies" instead of "same"

"ALL.THE.THINGS" (or a take on that...)

"Keto" (sorry...not a phrase, I'm just so over this diet fad and everyone doing it bragging about losing that first 10 lbs so fast and how they are nutritional experts and won't stop talking about their "macros."

Oh, there are so many...

1. People who still use the word NOT like they did in Wayne’s World. It’s time to move on.
2. 24/7
3. Cray cray (makes my skin crawl)
4. Hashtaging (I don’t think that’s a word) everything even when not on Twitter.
5. Bae
6. Little kids saying they’re dating. This is probably just a pet peeve. My 10 year old tells me he’s dating some girl. I ask him where they’ve gone and he argues that you don’t have to go anywhere to date. Of course, because I’m a glutton for punishment, I argue that, by definition, to be dating, you have to be going on dates. My daughter did the same thing when she was younger too.
7. Besties

"Hallelujah"

Although it's probably because my co-worker in the next office exclaims it about 745,293 times a day. :scared:

Maybe it's just my office but I am sick of having to take a "deep dive" into some topic. I liked it at first but now it drives me nuts when I hear it.

"And, go!" bothers me, too.

The other one that bothers me lately is how everyone says "I am loving this coffee..." instead of "I love this coffee." Or "I'm really wanting a new purse." instead of "I really want a new purse." I'm not even sure what that grammatical construction is called, but it sounds really strange to me, and I hear it all the time lately.

Last edited:
6. Little kids saying they’re dating. This is probably just a pet peeve. My 10 year old tells me he’s dating some girl. I ask him where they’ve gone and he argues that you don’t have to go anywhere to date. Of course, because I’m a glutton for punishment, I argue that, by definition, to be dating, you have to be going on dates. My daughter did the same thing when she was younger too.
That goes back a long way to when my daughters were in school. How long... well they are both in their 40's now. Anyway, if a guy sits with you at lunch, stands around and talks while waiting for the bus/parents to arrive or helping with carrying their books. They were dating. It would have been so nice if it had just stayed that way forever. Actual dating is far more worrisome when they actually "go out". The one part of parenting I do not ever want to experience again.

Count me for another vote for "And go."

Another is "the bomb.com". My 50something assistant at work says that all the time!!! I love her to death, but it really gets on my nerves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter