What to use to open wine bottles in cabin?

Barnsquad

Mouseketeer
Just occured to me as I try to create THE perfect packing list.
I have the wine bubbled wrapped etc. But with the x ray of lugguge etc dare I even try to pack a wine opening?

If I put it into check lugguge with clothes wouldn't that be picked up during scanning and cause a through search ?

What do you think?

You can pack a corkscrew in your checked bags with no problem. Or use one of the "wine pullers" that has no sharp points that rocks the cork out....that could even go in carry-on bags.

And if worse comes to worst DCL will loan you a corkscrew once onboard. :)

If you are serious about wine, forget the corkscrew and pack your sabre - you strike the bottle right along the neck, and you won't have any problems. :jester:

barnsquad, you can borrow ours - we got a little corkscrew when we sailed 2/2000. It's a DCL one. Closes up into a little case - the case cover is the handle. I think we got it right from our cabin steward.

Kim ºOº

Hi:wave:
Don't need one with a box of wine or even ones with screw tops? ;)

I had one of the "wine pullers" WITH sharp points and I got it on the ship 10/13/01, no problem.

Michelle is right, just pack one in a checked bag. The ban of sharp items only involves carry on bags. Kathy

MAN you guys are good... thanks! My husband was stressing telling me no way was this going to work (he doesn't even drink! it's the rest of my family! ha ha )

Well we proved him wrong again.. THANKS!

Well, it's always the women planning, isn't it? (Giggling) A woman with a corkscrew - watch out! Just knock on our door - we'll help you out!

Kim ºOº

Thanks Kim! By the way I did pm the other families traveling same week as us!

Can't wait....4 days till our vacation starts!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter