What to tip your Barista?

Ouch! Your hubby sounds like he's not too fond of ordering your drink just the way you like it. I guess I figure if I am about to shell out $5 for a drink, I would like it made my favorite way and frankly you should get your drink the way you want it too.

He's just joking- and I always get a caramel latte with half the caramel- so I get my request too, but I will say- the people who have every little square on the cup checked off should probably give a little tip for the extra requests- I have a feeling most other countries would roll their eyes at some of the looooong orders.

He's just joking- and I always get a caramel latte with half the caramel- so I get my request too, but I will say- the people who have every little square on the cup checked off should probably give a little tip for the extra requests- I have a feeling most other countries would roll their eyes at some of the looooong orders.

OMGOSH! My worst customer:

1 shot regular, 2 1/2 shot decaf, Whole milk, 3 1/2 pump mocha, 2 pumps hazelnut, no whip, 190 degree mocha, double cupped no sleeve...PHEW!!! It's silly that I know that...

In response to the bartender vs. barista debate, I tip bartenders because bartenders don't make minimum wage. I do (personally) think it's overkill to tip 20+% of the tab, or if you are only getting one beer a buck..for pouring drinks. To me, bartending is not on the same level as serving yet they have the same tip rate. I don't agree with it, but do as I should, because that is the industry standard.

Now..baristas..if there is a coffee company that doesn't pay minimum wage, then let me know, and I will be sure to tip if I patron that establishment. Otherwise, it's just a coffee. Even if I did the 190 degree whatever it still took you 4 minutes TOPS to make the coffee. You get paid by the hour, not by the client, so I don't understand why it would make a difference what kind of coffees you were preparing during that hour. :confused3

In CA, everyone makes the same minimum wage--not waitress/bartending wage. But again, we do have a pretty high $$$ of living here, at least in San Francisco. So, it's very different. High priced, but I guess it's worth it. I've moved on to a desk job, but living on tips in a city that depends on the food-service industry can be tough and frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter